+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I be concerned?

Should I be concerned?

My wife and I are currently trying to working things out. She left me about five weeks ago saying that she was no longer attracted to me and that she didn't love me in that way anymore. After a while she dropped that and blamed my self nullifying behaviors and her inability to do anything she thought I could potentially have a problem with for fear of me not telling her if I had a problem with it and then feeling like I had a problem with everything and therefore feeling guilty any time she wanted to change something about our lives. She has also told me that she had felt that I was holding her back in life and now sees that she was holding herself back for reasons unrelated to me and wound up blaming me because it's harder to admit to your own failings.

Anyway, she is still living in a separate place but we see one another almost everyday. In the few weeks that we have been working it out we have had a few chaste pecks on the lips that felt meaningful and a bunch that didn't. We have exchanged two long kisses that felt meaningful and I've tried to initiate them a couple more times. I asked her about the ones that don't feel right and she said that they are weird, like kissing your own arm.

Last night we cuddled up on the couch to watch movies and cuddling is not an usual thing for us to do, nor did it really feel forced or anything.

I've suggested a romantic evening in for later this week, fancy candle lit dinner and all that. She seems agreeable but hesitant which I suspect part of that might be that she thinks it's an attempt to seduce her... which I am not against but am not planning on trying. At the same time, she's applied for a new job one city over. I asked her what her plans were for us if we got the job and she suggested we could either look for a two bedroom place in that city, I could get my own place in the city or I could stay in this city and we could visit. The two bedroom place stood out to me, of course, being the first implication we could be living together again in the near future.

My question is, should this situation with the lack of romance for lack of a better word worry me or is it still just early in the reconciliation process and I am expecting too much too fast?

Also... Any suggestions on how to proceed?

How about couples counseling.....it's obvious you two don't know how to communicate with each other, because if you did you wouldn't be here asking us. Lack of communication is the root of your problems in this marriage.