+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I need some advice, really dont know what to do x

I need some advice, really dont know what to do x

I am 26 years old male and have been with my girlfriend for 7 years. Last week we were on holiday aboard catching some sun. My girlfriend was using her mobile a lot and one evening I went to check the time and saw text messages from a guy saying 'Goodnight gorgeous xx and she had replied 'good morning gorgeous xx.' I was like huh? I had a quick read through and realised she had been telling this guy she was on holiday with a girlfriend.

I did not want to argue on holiday so decided to leave it until we got home however one night I had a bit too drink and my girlfriend stayed up watching a film. I woke up and she said she was up until 2 am watching a good film. I decided to check the time again on her phone and just as I did a message came up saying 'I cant wait to bite your lips' from this guy. My gf had deleted everything prior to this message so I was unable to see how it led to a message like that.

On the last day I confronted her, asking her why? She just cried and apologised and said she must have a problem. She said he is just a friend. I shouldn't have looked at her other messages but she was telling a girl mate how they have met up for dinner, hes cooked for her and invited her to a friends wedding abroard.

Last summer she dumped me as she wanted to date other guy then she got back with me 6 months later, so shes been messaging other guys a lot then.

Throughout the holiday she kept telling me she wants to get married next year. I need advice, is she getting it all out of her system before she marries me? It would be easy for most of you to leave her but I have nobody else in my life, no real friends as I left them all behind to be with a girl who I thought loved me.

Imagine this girl is your best friend, your soul mate... what would you do??

I know about a girl that was sending flirty notes to a guy on her wedding day. Your girlfriend seems to be heading that way. She's on a romantic holiday with you and speaking about getting married with you next year but sending that kind of texts...It's more than texting between them two and you know that, right? So, it's obvious what you should do because she will only get worse and worse in time... And by the way, you will never ever win a woman's respect by putting up with her lying and cheating - and love is out of the equation.

Incredible what people think they should accept when they've invested themselves emotionally, when it should actually be the other way around, precisely because they've invested 7 years into a relationship they shouldn't tolerate any of that and leave the liar for good.

You can't be totally in love with someone who treats you like that, you're hurting and you're afraid of facing life on your own again, but this is the only chance for happiness you have. Be brave, respect yourself and learn from this that your joy in life should never depend entirely on one person.

Oh, and the couple I mentioned at the beginning, divorced two years later, only that they had a baby too by then...
    Last edited by Valixy; 23-06-13 at 09:26 AM.