+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Always worried about getting dumped

Always worried about getting dumped

I am so insecure. I always expect the worst with my girlfriend. I always expect to get dumped. I mean thre will be no hints that it's coming yet I still worry. How can I stop worrying so I can enjoy my wonderful relationship?

Be more secure with yourself and don't hold her on a pedestal like u "need her to be happy." Just accept that if things go great, great... If not, life goes on and you will be okay. Idk how long you've been together but it should go away once u trust her and let your guard down

One way to gain confidence is to fake it. Act as though you feel confident even when you don't. Eventually, it will come more naturally.

Also, keep in mind that getting dumped is not the end of the world. Yes, it would likely hurt a lot at first, but you would survive and be okay.
    “This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which was odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.” ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

grow a pair

stay positve

Stay positive. Remember, assuming you know the decision of another person is a sign of a guilty conscious. Just keep doing what you do normally

Just remember that out of everyone, she chose you.

Quote Originally Posted by bobsham View Post
    I am so insecure. I always expect the worst with my girlfriend. I always expect to get dumped. I mean thre will be no hints that it's coming yet I still worry. How can I stop worrying so I can enjoy my wonderful relationship?
    What is the worst that can happen? Seriously. The worst thing is you breaking up. IF that happens-you will survive. Your a strong man. Youll get knocked down but get back up again and all that.

You need to just focus on what you two have now. You may be together for 50 years, get married, kids etc.. You may not. Either way you will handle whatever life throws at you and you will be fine.

And remember pain is only temporary. I know it sounds cliche but time heals everything. It is true. Even if you do break up-it will hurt for awhile but you will find happieness again. Stop worrying. Life is for the living and is to be enjoyed.

If you breakup you should upgrade and find a better looking chick then it won't hurt as much