+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help pursuing a girl

Help pursuing a girl

Hey, first time poster here.

So I'm in a bit of a pickle. I met a girl a while ago through the friend. We hit it off pretty quickly and were texing religiously. After a week or so of texting, we hung out and I eventually asked her out on a date. We went out, had a blast, and had some pretty serious conversations about dating and taking things slow. She told me how much fun she had and how excited she was for the next date. A couple days later we were supposed to hang out, but she ended up bailing on me, saying she had a really crappy day. I didn't read too deeply into it and let her do her thing. The next couple days I text her and I barely get any replies. Then she cuts things off, saying she's not ready to date and that she still has issues she needs to sort out. We ended up arguing about it and didn't talk for a couple weeks. We started talking again, but it didn't last long. I'm not really sure what to do. I've been told I should just give her more time, but then what? I already waited a couple of weeks before and it didn't do any good. I know she likes me and I like her quite a bit myself.... I'm pretty determined to date this girl, but I'm not sure what the best route to take is. Should I just leave it for a few weeks, strike up some conversation, and take it from there?

I think you should pursue some other women, and let this one fall by the wayside. How long would you want to wait for her? A week? 6 months? Theres no guarantee she'll come a'runnin' back. Show her that you've moved on, and when she's interested, she'll try and contact you. You can check up on her every few weeks, just say, "Hey, haven't spoken to you in a bit, just wanted to know if everything is okay".

But really, move on and get out of that pickle. Pickle smell isn't really attractive.

Yeah that's probably true. My problem is I have a one track mind with these sort of things. Because she's what I want in a girl, other girls don't get much of a chance if they don't measure up off the hop. It's a terrible habit of mine. I'm incredibly persistent when it comes to chasing girls, and most of the time I get what I want...but this situation has been really unpredictable compared to others.

It is hard to know when to give up. I am also very persistent, and when I want something nothing will keep me from it (or them). This girl might be involved with someone else...or met someone else etc. That's typically the reason why someone changes their tune suddenly. You have to accept that you have no control over someone's feelings, except your own. So change your perspective and just try and go out and have a good time with other girls. You don't have to be looking for a replacement for this girl, just have fun and develop friendships. You never know who you'll meet or if this girl will re-surface. Life will surprise you.