+ Follow This Topic

Thread: confused about her feelings

confused about her feelings

I have been dating my girlfriend for about 4 and a half months. She is an amazing girl and i lve being with her.
    BUT theres some things I wonder about. I am the total opposite of every other guy she has dated. i dont have tattoos, piercings, havent been to jail. I'm not a "bad boy"

She has told me I have treated her way more respectful than any other guy. I treat her like she should be treated. I worry about her needs instead of just ignoring them. She has told me she loves me and cares about me

BUT

Like i said im not her type physically. I worry that eventually she will get bored of me and want to move on. Im not changing for her to be that bad boy

shes 19 im 23 so i think shes going through that stage where shes looking for something real

anyway, do i have legit concerns?

I wouldn't be concerned about that BUT I would be concerned when she turns 21 and has discovered the adult world and goes out clubbing, etc

I agree with smackie. I'd be more concerned about her turning 21, but you never know, I just turned 21 three months ago and haven't ordered a drink yet. People change, and she probably realized that the bad boy types aren't what she wants anymore. I wouldn't be worried about that.

Hi, I think you are worried too much. Just enjoy being in the relationship and see where it can go. No one can really tell what might happen in the future. You can change. She can change as well. Nothing is certain. So don't waste your time worrying about some problem you imagine you might have in the future. My advice is to live in the present. The fact that she is with you now means she likes you.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    I wouldn't be concerned about that BUT I would be concerned when she turns 21 and has discovered the adult world and goes out clubbing, etc
    we already talked about this. she said she likely won't be a big drinker cuz alcohol makes her sick

You don't need to drink to go out dancing in the clubs.

If shes only 19-my guess is she doesnt have many exes.. Young people can be naive, insecure, thinking they can tame a bloke or change him..

It is possible she has grown up and realized that she has to find someone who doesnt need to be changed..many young women learn this lesson the hard way. Some never learn

Was she with any of these exes for long? Did she allow them to walk all over her? If yes, id be worried about her self-esteem. If she does dump you for a bad boy then it is her loss mate. Dont even worry about it. If it happens, it happens..

Youll survive, learn your lesson, move on, meet a great girl. All relationships teach us more about ourselves and what we want and need

enjoy what you two have, dont worry about the what ifs.. As long as shes treating you right-its all good. One strike and shes out though

good luck
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

There are no guarantees in life, it's just that simple. Worrying about it is a waste of energy, so just carry on.

if she didnt like you she wouldnt be with you

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    There are no guarantees in life, it's just that simple. Worrying about it is a waste of energy, so just carry on.
    yes, enjoy the ride

just treat her right. it will be her loss

if shes with you, she likes you

Quote Originally Posted by sonnygood906 View Post
    if shes with you, she likes you
    pretty much this