+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Boyfriend can't seem to make plans

Boyfriend can't seem to make plans

Help! My boyfriend can't seem to make plans with me. Whenever I try to talk to him about things he just says we will have to see and that that there is no point on planning something straight away. He can't even talk to me about plans and everything seems to relate back to him and what he wants to do.
    He is very close to his family and seems to listen to what they tell him which really hurts me that he can't discuss things with me.
    It has started to frustrate me now and he just thinks that I'm being moody but I don't know what to do I have even started making plans for myself and what I'm going to do which scares me as I think that it will tear us apart.
    Everything else is great in our relationship except this and he has assured me that he does want to be with me but he just can't make plans with me.

The best thing you can do IS make your own plans. Having time to do your own things instead of depending on him to entertain you keeps a relationship healthy. This is why he doesn't make plans....he wants to have his space too.

Maybe he's not the right boy for you then? It's healthy to have your own plans and friends etc but, Don't stick with him because you fear being alone. You only gave a brief discription of him but within that, he sounds like a disappointing twit if he won't even say "lets go out for dinner on Friday" or some such. You maybe down low on the ole totem pole.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I guess so but he has had his space we were apart for nearly 4 months due to work reasons.

gone four months, comes back and doesn't make plans to see you and spend time making up for his absence? Ya... you're definately not with the right guy. He doesn't value you much by the sounds of things.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion