+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Has he lost interest in me/is no longer attarcted to me?

Has he lost interest in me/is no longer attarcted to me?

My boyfriend and I have been together 11 months now, and have been living together since March of this year. Our relationship is pretty stable, we have our typical disagreements like other couples, however most of the time the disagreements are nit-picky. Over the most trivial things, I tend not to get so upset over trivial things and I always choose my battles. Him not so much. He's always been very helpful, open, and willing to be there to help and support me. He is the most kind and genuine guy i've ever been with. He's a caring individual to me, his family, and his friends. He's done things for me selflessly and has done a lot of caring things for me, and still does. Right now he's helping me pay for dental work, that's pretty expensive. So I know he cares about me.
    I've made a lot of mistakes, such as having an issue with responsibility, and managing my finances. Which really bothers him and I understand that, which for myself as well as my future have been working hard on those things. It seems, lately, like he has lost interest in me, and is maybe no longer attracted to me. In the first 8 months, he would compliment me, hold/cuddle with me on his own, flirt with me, and kiss me with passion. Now, I rarely ever get a compliment, except on my dinner cooking skills. We only cuddle for maybe 10 minutes before he falls asleep, and he'll put his arm out for me to roll into my little "nook" under his arm. It feels so habitual. Like he's only doing it out of habit, and to keep me from feeling neglected. He used to, out of the blue, tell me he loved me. Now he only says it when he's walking out the door for work, and before he falls asleep. Again, feels like it's out of habit. He used to say sweet things, and tell me he was happy. Not anymore. The sex has started to become less and less as well. When we do its the same old routine. No foreplay AT ALL, he won't touch me, however I am the one stimulates him, and then it's right down to business. And he's a VERY sexual person, who likes to keep it "spicy" He used to love stimulating me, but now it seems like he could careless. It's rare that he flirts with me, and it's rare for him to give me a passionate kiss even. I don't know if i'm just reading into this way too much or if he's really not interested anymore. Am I just being overly emotional? Or does it seem he's lost interest?

Have you talked to him about all that ^^^^ or did you just come here first?
    Do you work?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion