+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to deal with people moving away all the time

How to deal with people moving away all the time

Hey everyone,

I know I came off as a troll sometimes in this forum but this is a serious thread. So, here it goes.

The guys I date with serious intentions are around my age, plus or minus a few years. They are usually students or recent graduates so not exactly established in their career although very intelligent and well educated. Before we could actually established a history of familiarity (more than a year of dating), they need to move away across the country to find a job or a decent paying one. This means, things always end up long distance. I have been in a long distance relationship before and it didn't work out. I don't really want to put myself in that situation again. What to do when you seek to date locals but then these same people end up turning into long distance? Has anyone experience this before and how did you deal with it? Did you decide to break it off or go long distance? I am really frustrated because even when I seek locals to date, they end up having to move away after awhile. It also doesn't help that I also have no idea where I will end up either.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

I lived in a top holiday destination a few years back, moved there at the beginning of the summer and as soon as autumn came all the good friends I had made left because their contracts with different hotels finished. That was new to me and it really hurt. I actually hated that town for a while after that but I made new friends later and they were permanent residents fortunately.

In your case it all depends on how you both see going long distance and the intensity of the relationship. Some LDR work but if it's not something that you would both be very interested in and fully committed to, it's probably wiser not to continue. I suppose that you'll just have to be open to things as they come and hopefully you'll meet someone whose life won't change completely in a few months.