+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Trouble with jealousy and trust

Trouble with jealousy and trust

First off I both admit to and apologize for registering just in order to ask for help, but I need it. So here goes.

When I met my girlfriend Bella 2 yrs ago I was heavily into attending evening classes in a particular performance art. She was very positive and interested by the fact I did this at the time. I got her to try out training with me, and she met one of my friends Jocelyn. After that training I was subjected to accusations of gazing at Jocelyn and a lot of temper.

The college that I train at employs my ex-girlfriend Helen, in an administrative role during office hours and so not during evening classes. The college is surrounded by a dense and colourful scene of small cabarets and shows of all levels with oppurtunities for training among some of the best in the world, a scene I have always been desperate to move into since before I met Bella and which she was initially keen on seeing too.

Bella generally refuses to go near anything to do with my hobby, as she hates Helen and Jocelyn, despite having met Jocelyn once and Helen never at all. If I do or want to do anything more there than my two classes a week I am subjected to snide remarks and accusations of infidelity.

Bella has been cheated on by previous boyfriends and one husband, so some insecurity is understandable, but this seems like living my life in a way to make up for the mistakes of others, and two yrs in I can't see how she's ever going to act as thought she trusts me. I wonder if she really distrusts me at all or something else is going on.

On top of all that she fell out and refuses to speak to another friend Steven over a trivial matter.

What is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Inego View Post
    What is going on?
    She has major issues with trust. But more importantly than the question 'what is going on' if it's not effecting your relationship then what does it matter? And if she's always been like this why are you asking this question now? Have things come to a head?

She might be a bunny boiler. Watch out with that one!