+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to continue?

How to continue?

Hey guys..

I don't know where to start.. But I need abit of advice/tips..

So.. One day, a really good friend of mine uses my facebook to randomly add girls. Then this girl, who accepted the request, started talking to me and asked if I was from this course and stuff so I started talking to her (we're 18). Then I found out she lives the exact opposite of where I live, just one road away, probably less than 20-30 seconds?

Well.. We see each but mostly when I get in the bus she alights ._.

So yea..

After time I started liking her. Well I don't know if she is shy but there was once my friends and I went to visit her at work. (She helps to sell stuff) I tried to ask her about her work and stuff but she was really shy or idk? She's not like that online.. Or maybe was it a too large group of people?
    This really good friend of mine was there too. I found out he chats with her alot (texting) but never talks to her in real life (probably is courting her..)

I want to court her but I have no idea how, I'm looking for some advice or stuff that I can do. Go to school with her?
    Last edited by willardly123; 24-11-13 at 12:11 AM.

best thing to do is start teasing her a whole bunch, by text, FB, in person, every opportunity. do it in a funny way, dont hurt her feelings, just be funny. stop thinking that she is important and stop being so bloody respectful and using words like "court" - bottom line here is that your nature is wanting you to reproduce and this girl happens to have walked onto your radar screen, no matter how much you try to dress it up like some sort of fairytale romance, it isnt, you just want to **** her. You really need her to earn your respect, liking and trust, ask her to buy you dinner or something.

FFS Ryan were not bloody animals. You make it sound like we still live in the jungle. Most people do actually crave love as well uno believe it or not

Anyway OP just ask her out

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Yes, just ask her out and save the texting and online chat until after you're bf/gf. You can't get to know the real person over text or chat. You might find as you actually interact with her one-on-one that you don't even like her all that much. You've said yourself she's different over chat then she is in person so get to know the REAL her, not the person sho hides behind the safety of her screen.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Yes, be direct, just ask her out. You are both very young and have a lot to learn and live still, but just take it one step at a time and see where it goes. If there is any drama with your friend, then talk it out quick and don't let it get out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    FFS Ryan were not bloody animals. You make it sound like we still live in the jungle. Most people do actually crave love as well uno believe it or not

Anyway OP just ask her out

Umh... yes we are. In fact that is exactly what we are, animals. The few thousand years of "civilised" society that we have had cannot possibly have had any sort of effective impact on our underlying prime instinctual desires as a species and therefore our behaviour is driven from the core that is always has been - reproduction. The fact that we are the most dominant species on the planet indicates that we are the ones who have had the most variety of reproductive behaviour in the past too, thereby, from a sexual perspective, making our instincts to reproduce with a wide and varied number of partners stronger than those of many other species. The problems that occur in most relationships stem from exactly the fact that people try to ignore that we are animals and that is where our behaviour comes from. Because of this "ostrich mentality" we fail to take into account all the factors that influence our behaviour and therefore fail to deal with it in an appropriate manner, preferring to settle for the bullshit we are fed by marketing companies and believing that a fairytale does actually end in happily ever after. I wont deny that for some it does, but they are a lucky few, for the rest, it ends in one of a number of common personal disasters that end up damaging us mentally as effective functioning human beings. I guess I may well be a case in point (before you say it lol) but I firmly believe that we need to accept what we are and accept our nature rather than try to be something different, in order to live and love in a healthy way.

You sound like a sex addict trying to justify cheating on your wife. Stop with all your jibberish and go get some therapy. You make it sound like we have no choices or no say in how we behave which is BS. Im done with this conversation

"Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Willardly: Come back in a take control of your own thread before it's closed on you for being derailed.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion