+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I Being A Typical Woman????

Am I Being A Typical Woman????

I recently joined an online dating site and met a nice guy after quite a few dates with men who just weren't right. There was instant attraction and chemistry which seems to be mutual. We've been on 4 dates, I let him instigate all the contact, and he calls me and has
    instigated 3 of the dates. I haven't slept with him yet but we were pretty close to it when I saw him last night.

But I just can't figure out what his intentions are, he's the same age as me 37 both been through divorces a few years ago. He just seems to date loads of women and I'm worried that he's just a serial dater. On every date we've spent hours chatting, and things get pretty passionate as there is so much chemistry and attraction. On one hand he seems to enjoy my company, touches me a lot seems interested in what I'm saying, listens, and has told me some quite personal stuff. I also have my ex bf's name tattooed on my groin and when he saw it the last time I was with him he wasn't impressed at all.

I'm not seeing or dating anyone else, but he's still on the dating site a lot and he's spoken about women he's dated to me and describes them all as stunning to which I don't react. I'm not sure if I'm being overly wary and being a typical woman expecting exclusivity after only 4 dates, but it's kinda off putting and it's bugging me. He's on the dating site tonight and I just feel a bit like well I was with him last night and if we had slept together he would still be back on the dating site tonight!

How should I play it? Give him the benefit of the doubt that he hasn't made up him mind yet, and not sleep with him until I'm more sure of his motives, or should I say I'm busy the next time he asks me out to see how keen he is and if he pursues me further? Or just accept that he probably is a player and not answer his calls or messages again or just say I don't think we're looking for the same things?

Well, for starters, YOU are still on the dating site, so why are you judging him for it?

Ask him if he's interested in exclusivity with you. Anything but a resounding yes, and you should probably move on. To expect unspoken exclusivity at this point is just stupid.

I've only gone on it to see if he's still active on it, I'm not checking out profiles or contacting anyone or interested in dating anyone else but you're right it is too soon and I probably should be keeping my options open too!

Yep, you probably should be. Treat this guy as fun, and keep dating around until he asks for exclusivity, if you're not up to asking for yourself. If that doesn't work for you then drop it. Maybe you'll find another guy you like who is more in tune with you and your wants.