+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do you also become a clow, or retarded near her?

Do you also become a clow, or retarded near her?

Hello all
    I just noticed something... funny.
    I am aways funny and really confident, but when I am next to the girl I like, I tend to act like a retarded, make all kinds of jokes just to grab her attentionl. I stop being the normal guy to become a needy clow who tries to make everything look funny, or something like that.
    Is it just me, or do you guys also become different around her/him? Do you think she notices? What should I do to stop acting like that?

I'm guessing you're fairly young. When I was a teenager boobs would always turn me into a drooling vegetable. It kind of resolves itself as you A) get older, and B) grow more accustomed to being around women who give you an insta-boner every time they come within a 50 ft radius of you.

Nothing to trip out over.

Fairly young?
    So at what age, one might ask, does one stop being a drooling vegetable when they are around a person of their desire? I can tell you this - that age isn't 39.
    The best you can do is learn to appear confident. Oh sure some people will see right through it but you need to try at least.

All girls like funny guys, but no girls like a guy who acts like a clown to get her attention. That's more of the "slapstick" funny. Girls prefer a witty, sarcastic humor.

When I'm around Dave, I don't trip over words or anything like that at all. We just talk and joke around. It's like having a special person who can be your best friend that you feel like you've known them all your life but someone who completely surprises you all at once.

The only time I've ever tripped over words was when I had a run-in with my 8th grade Literature teacher. :S But that was mere physical attraction and never had a guy in my life as a lover/date/etc etc... We never dated, as I grew to find out he was kind of just toying with me, but yeah...that's how it was. So, going to have to agree with dickriculous's guess that you're young.

This reminds me of when I was like 15 and had this crazy crush on someone. God I acted like a freak lol. I was obsessed with him-talked about him all the time and didn't even know him. I gave him a personality in my head and just made up what hes like in real life.. god i cant believe I was such a muppet back then haha.. I kinda stalked him in school-like sit with the girls at lunch and just watch him.. but I was scared to even say hi. He winked at me once and I went bright red and hid behind a book. Haha this is making me LOL..

anyway went on summer holidays and when I came back and saw him again i was just like meh-whatever.. crush over
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Sorry friend, but it has nothing to do with age or sexual attraction. I am 24, and I don't get an ''insta-boner'' when she is around. I just get nervous, and don't know how to react.

Just act like you're talking to a friend. That'll calm you.