+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Feeling Low!

Feeling Low!

Hi there

I am a 20 year old male and I have been feeling low lately. I am at a stage in my life that I feel I am ready to meet girls.

The problem is I have never had any success with girls. I have no female friends, I have never had a girlfriend, I have never kissed a girl and in the past girls never tended to notice me.
    I think I am an alright looking lad but my biggest problem in the past was my anxiety. I was always very shy around girls. I have got my anxiety under control and that is why I finally feel ready to meet girls.

I am currently taking a year out from college and I am living at home in a small town and all the girls my age are at college which makes it increasingly difficult.
    I have already tried online dating and it doesn't seem to be working for me.

Over the last number of weeks I feel myself longing for female interaction ( I know that sounds weird but I would love to have a girl interested in me )

I know I have posted in another part of this forum but I was wondering if anyone would have any advice on to how to meet girls now as regards to in the future.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by Silver; 28-12-13 at 12:13 PM.

Hi Silver, you'll get the same advice by the same people here. I can only echo what you've been told already.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Hi Silver, you'll get the same advice by the same people here. I can only echo what you've been told already.
    I know what ya mean, just feeling a little more hopeless in love today but I do understand what ya mean. thanks.

It's called avoidance....you do not have control over your anxiety yet. If you did you wouldn't be here hoping for other advice that wouldn't take you out of your comfort zone.

Silver, what do you think we are doing here? we are all seeking something, an advice, an answer but we are fooling ourselves in a very nice way, we are all solitary souls (or in a bad relationship if we rather speak to strangers than with our partner !), we all have our anxieties, feeling out of place, too shy, too tall, too big, too anything, too everything.
    Still we are here to communicate, to trust people again, to accept how our mind works because whatever our problem, some people who don't even know us will take time to give you an advice and will accept you just the way you are !
    So, here is a good step to meet people and communicate until you know for sure that you are not that strange really.. we are all the same, we need to interact.

First - dating sites are a nightmare whether you seek men OR women.. Once you wade through the prostitutes, fakes, dead profiles, Nigerian Princes, severely overweight, ugly, men who want a quick lay, women who just want attention, out of towners who are coming to your town on business (I just LOVE those men)...
    After all that, you have few choices. You meet a couple and they are either flakes, have emotional problems, chronic health problems (not even STD, just whatever else)
    Ehh you get the point.

If you are soon 21 or have a fake/borrowed ID (do these at your own risk), hit the clubs. Some clubs have some thingy to verify the ID is state-issued and not home made. Best to borrow...

Make small talk with the ladies and try to evolve quickly into an actual conversation. Get their number if you can and within a day or two or better yet the same night - invite them on a date. The worst that will happen is she will say "no".
    Also there are videos on youtube about how to do all this.
    You just need to go to work and keep in mind that rejection is normal but you cannot take it personal. Cast enough lines and you will catch someone.