+ Follow This Topic

Thread: don't think i love my girlfriend anymore?

don't think i love my girlfriend anymore?

Me and my girlfriend have only been dating for like a week now but i dont think i love her anymore.We had been best friends for just over a year before we started going out (note: we are both girls and i have never had a girlfriend before) i love spending time with her,we have a had some really funny times together,before she asked me out i was pretty sure i had a crush on her and i wanted to be with her but now that im with her i feel nothing we date i feel nothing? i think she still loves me but i just dont feel about her in that way anymore and i dont know what to do? i dont want to break up with her because i might hurt her and she wont want to be friends anymore.but i dont want to be in a relationship where is makes me unhappy please help me

You have to be honest with her and tell her that you mistaken compassionate love for romantic love. Say you are very emotionally attached to her, and was very confused how you really felt and you are appologizing for misleading her starting this relationship with her and that you would like very much to just continue as friends, because you have always valued your friendship.

She might be hurt at first and might need time away from you to heal, but I'm sure she will miss you and come back to a friendship. You do not want to delay telling her.....a week is very short time and I feel it is fair that you gave it a shot but it's not for you.

You sound young and are still sorting out feelings and your sexuality, so I hope she can understand that you are going through some changes you are still confused about.

No offense, but you were only together a week. I wouldn't call that love anyway, it's more like infatuation or a crush. Especially if you are still trying to sort out your sexuality. If you want to preserve your friendship with her, let her know. You could say something like, "I'm sorry, I don't feel the same way anymore. I'm just trying to sort out my feelings and sexuality right now. I really cherish your friendship though, and I'd really like it if we could stay friends after this." It may not work, depending on her feelings, but it's a better chance than ending things on a sour note.