I just want to start off by clarifying that I'm not a gold digger, I'm not in a relationship because I want everything to be paid for.
maybe I just need some opinions and suggestions from a different perspective, which is why I'm posting on here.

so me and my boyfriend have been together for about 9 months (first relationship for the both of us and we're both 25).
He is so specific and calculative about money. We take turns for pay for meals when we go out which I have no problems with but sometimes I just think it'd be nice to be treated and none of this your turn my turn thing. When I see pictures of my friends with their boyfriends enjoying their anniversary at a nice restaurant or doing fun things I get so jealous.

Most of my friends boyfriends would pay for most things 90% of the time they go out, they buy their girlfriends flowers on special occasions or just a nice little gift, or dinner at a nice restaurant and stuff. I know I shouldn't be comparing my boyfriend to other people's boyfriends but it's starting to bother me a little. My boyfriend is a really great guy, has a lot of the qualities I look for in a man, but his cheapness is the biggest turn off for me. (again, I'm not looking for a guy that's loaded with money or anything). but it's just been building up....examples: we always go to cheap restaurants, even on special occasions. He bought me a tiny stuffed animal that was on clearance for $2.50 for my birthday plus a birthday card. (I don't need some designer purse but $2.50 seriously?). and if we go out to do things on weekends, he would not go to anything that has an admission fee of over $5. and he also complains about a box of 3 condoms being $5. I can literally go on and on, these are just some of the examples.

Again, I don't know if it's just me overreacting. maybe it's the way he was brought up? I was raised in a complete different environment, not a rich spoiled girl. but my family doesn't care about money that extreme, as long as the quality is good and it's for good reason and within a reasonable price, then i have no problem spending it because we should all enjoy life.

I just want some opinions to see what you guys think about this? if your boyfriend was like this, would it bother you? and does your boyfriend pay for the majority of things when you guys go out? I'd also like to point out that we both have pretty decent jobs so it's not like we're both poor or anything.

please help!