+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I dont know what to do, please advice :(

I dont know what to do, please advice :(

I am so sorry for the long story, but I think its only complete with the whole picture. I am quite devastated at this point

this is the problem, quite a complex one. I have been in a relation ship with this girl I love so much for almost 8 months.
    For the last 2-3 months things havent been going as smooth, I had big problems with the fact that she has many
    male friends with who she meets often, and she assured me that this is normal for her, and i must accept that. I do now, and she knows, but it took some time and that put some strain on the relationship. Because these facts intitiated the situation where there was some tension, they were the first 2 weeks in the relationship with less or no magic (first in 4-5 months relation and 2 months dating). As it's my first relationship (were both 24) I was not used to the fact of things going less and I started trying too much for future things to be fun, making too much jokes, and making much less actual meaningful conversations like we are used to. We have talked about this and I have admitted that
    I had problems handling my first relationship and I felt stupid for acting like that (jealous and forcing fun), which is true and
    I truly regret.
    Now the big problem is, we met eahother because we live together in the same college student house (16 people). Not ideal.
    I am over the drama queen shit like jealousy and not being me by wanting everything to be fun and trying too much. I feel myself again.
    Since she started doing her masters last month she is so extremely busy and at the same time she doesnt want to live in
    the college house anymore because it is so lousy. She says she cant find rest anywhere and feels tired and overloaded all the time.
    This combined with the fact that she feels there is pressure in having an awesome time again with me and trying to save the
    relationship is getting too much. She feels pressure as she has almost no time and knows I want to do stuff with her and
    she feels pressured for it to be fun, and it drains her energy. I have told her a week before that she should just focus on her studies and tell me when she wants to do something fun.
    This combined with the fact that she associates the house
    with negativity now and automatically associates that negativity with me when she sees me there. We have only done one thing that last few weeks outside the house, because she is so tired all the time.

Now we talked this night and she told me she is a t her breaking point. Everything is getting too much and she cant find rest and is sooo stressed.
    She says that she thinks that she needs a break up to save herself and getting her shit back together, but doesnt want to.
    She loves me very much, but at this point she just cant live up to what I expect in a realtionship (doing fun things, attention, expectations).
    She doesnt want to lose me, and secretly hopes that when it does break up that we can try again without the pressure (due to previous negativity). I have said that I want to fight for her and do whatever she needs to give her the space, but if she breaks up with me, I cannot wait for to have her shit together, although I dont say no to it.

She has the tendency to push people away when it gets very hard. she has done in previous relationships, and it has killed them.
    But I cannot give up on her yet. she says she is not being herself with so much stress and cant think straight.

But what can I do? What can I do to make sure she doesnt feel pressurised in any way when we do something together that makes her feel
    like it has to be fun. She is a person who always want other persons to be happy. It only drains her energy, while I want to give her energy.
    I already said that I do not want to meet anymore in the house (like cooking dinner) as it associated with the negativity.
    Or what would you guys do? Break it up yourself? i must say that since she is so stressed it is not very fun for me either, there is not much
    affection, and not very much fun as shes always tired. It hurts me too. i dont know how long I can take it. Maybe breaking up gives us the best chance to start clean in the future when we have our shit together and live in normal apartments like we should for our age (i want to move too), although i will still never wait for her. Or what is the way to move on, without putting any pressure on her, but without not seeing her anymore (I cant do that, at least not for more than a few weeks)?
    I feel hopeless. We both want to be with eachother but she cant handle it at this moment.

I must add that she had a difficult youth and that when things get too much she has some sort of defense mechanism
    which makes her feel much less emotion, both in the negative and positives. Thats why she doesnt know what she is feeling.
    Last edited by abc9876; 30-09-14 at 02:52 PM.