+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Mixed Messages / In A Confusing, Sad Place

Mixed Messages / In A Confusing, Sad Place

Hello everyone!
    First post here... So, I've recently started hanging out with my ex-girlfriend from about 6 years ago. It's the first time since we split up in high school that we both have been single. We immediately began being intimate again as soon as we were hanging out as friends, starting in June. But as soon as things seem to be going well, she pulls away and tells me that she doesn't think we should be hooking up, since it could stir up feelings for her. I have strong feelings for her, and, at times, I see some fire in her eyes for me, but lately I've felt incredibly distant from her. I would love to date her, but she seems to be in an incredibly weird spot as she is still recovering from her recent break-up and is so wishy washy her own feelings. In the span of the week we can go from sleeping over at each other's places, to her getting weird if I try and kiss her, to her kissing me romantically on the lips, to her coming over and treating me like a girl friend. It's driving me nuts, especially since she will say things like, "I just love being close to you," or "I'm more comfortable with you than anyone else in the world", when we cuddle. Most recently, she told me she doesn't want to have sex with me because, "she doesn't want to have casual or spontaneous sex" anymore, but then she will proceed to kiss me romantically and hold me. This emotional roller coaster makes me incredibly sad and moody all the time. My question is this: What is going on in her mind and what is my best approach to this situation, if any? Thanks for reading,
    Much love.

Well she's needy and vulnerable because she misses her ex boyfriend. So be careful. These feelings are most likely not her true feelings. She's just clinging to the comfort she has with you since she has a past with you. But that doesn't mean she really wants a relationship or loves you. Her emotions are out of wack, that's why she's up and down.