+ Follow This Topic

Thread: need advice , dont know what to do

need advice , dont know what to do

Okay so.. im a 22 y old guy. Lately i have been wondering about my love life.Ijust cant seem to find the right girl and im afraid i never will. I have never date a girl or had relationship,and i was only once in love (she did not like me back). I have introvert personality , am shy , quiet , excentric. and calm. I also get nervous a bit when talking to girls.So not exactly social kind of personality (i do sometimes get out at the weekends or visit a cinema with friends,tho). I have hard time getting along with people and getting attached to them.Like i said i have been in love only once! Also this: people woth same interests hangs out and socialize together. Well , i dont have any clear interests except computer games and psychology and those are not realy the common interests a girls wants to have. I get along with maybe 10% of the ppl. I am also having a medicore social anxiety , which isnt helping either, but im working on it( visiting my pscyhotherapist).

I also dislike my generation and how they view love. There is so much jelaousy and fighting over some girls, and so there are so little happy relationshiops and so much cheating and so on .. It is making me even wondering if i want that at all , because good relationships seem rare nowadays.

So the question is , will i be forever alone for the rest of my luve. The facts and my point of view that are stated above make it almost imposible to fint true love . So i wanna hear your opinion what should i do and what should i change and how you view those things?

Altho it is difficult to find solid relationship i still dont wanna be loner at 40's!

P.S. Sorry english is not my native language.

First off you over think things, secondly there are girls out there that are just like you. Since introverts don't get themselves out there, you all can't find each other, so ya it's a tough gig. You are letting your anxiety do all the controlling, that's why you have such a negative view about relationships. There are lots of perfectly fine healthy relationships, and even healthy relationships will come to an end. Some people just want to move on, when a relationship has run it's course.

So what to do? Wherever your interests lie is where you need to look. There are tons of girls who are gamers, even I'm one. All those games have chats, so use them. Confidence is key. Be positive in what you do is key. Try a dating site just for introverts like yourself. I think there is one called Shy Passions. There is also a site you can look at for advice called Paging Dr. Nerdlove.

- - - Updated - - -

PM me if you wish to discuss this more.

Long distance relationships are becoming increasingly popular because of the great technology that we have today, that has been helping in a very great way to keep us connected to our partners at all times. Long distance relationship issues too have been increasing and have been very much present since the beginning, because of lack of communication or some interference from either of the partners. Technology too can be very evident to prove certain disadvantages while communicating in a long distance relationship with your partner. Not every long distance relationship works without any problems, there are more problems in this case since both the partner are not together, and they have been longing to be together.