+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why is my boyfriend doing this?

Why is my boyfriend doing this?

So, long story short, multiple times I have found in my boyfriend's "recently searched" items on google searches that always resemble: I love cheating on my girlfriend. We have been together for 4 years now and we are completely in love, but I always find searches like this. Before when I had confronted him about it, he always says that he just searches that stuff to see what other people say about it and that it is not true. For example, I have found him searching stuff like "I got a girl pregnant" or " I want to sleep with a 14 year old" (we are in our mid 20's btw). And he always says that he just wants to see what people say about stupid topics. I believed him because what else could I do with no proof? But in the last couple of months I have found the same search "I love cheating on my girlfriend" multiple times. So my question is: Is he cheating on me, does he want to cheat on me, or do guys seriously just search things like that for the heck of it? Please, I need a guys opinion ASAP!!! It's driving me crazy!!!

haha, he should get a job coming up with the subject lines on MTV. Or watch the crazies which turn up on daytime talk shows.

Given that he's got a history of searching weird topics which I assume haven't happened, I wouldn't imagine that this one hasn't happened either. Mind you, I like searching for Victorian post mortem photos so I'm not in a position to judge him.

Question for you: why do you look up what he's been searching? I can't imagine that you'd do this unless you were actively looking for proof of something.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I have found other stuff too..

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    haha, he should get a job coming up with the subject lines on MTV. Or watch the crazies which turn up on daytime talk shows.

Given that he's got a history of searching weird topics which I assume haven't happened, I wouldn't imagine that this one hasn't happened either. Mind you, I like searching for Victorian post mortem photos so I'm not in a position to judge him.

Question for you: why do you look up what he's been searching? I can't imagine that you'd do this unless you were actively looking for proof of something.
    >> I think I am looking for something. I love him so much but I have caught him doing things before like flirt texting with other girls and emailing girls on personal ads on craigslist. He says its harmless, but I don't like it. He hasn't done the flirt texting thing for a little bit, and we have fought a lot about the craigslist thing, but lo and behold he still searches the craigslist personal ads. When i ask him about it, he says he doesn't do it anymore... I don't know if he is contacting the girls on craigslist anymore but he still searches them... What should I do about that...?

I think you should quit nagging him by leaving the relationship and letting him search whatever the fk he wants. You've talked to him about how his internet proclivities upset you, (they obviously also make you feel insecure, undervalued, cheated upon, emotionally disregarded, angst ridden etc etc) and he's not changed a thing. That means he doesn't want to.

Since he doesn't want to, it means you are not compatible or he doesn't value you or the relationship enough to stop his addiction to this THING he needs to do on the internet.

Get out now and stop torturing yourself by trying to change him and failing at it.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

While the first issue was odd but not particularly alarming, the second thing you wrote is very alarming. If he really wanted to regain your trust and give the relationship all he could, he'd stop looking up other girls. He'd behave more appropriately and be transparent in his actions.

As Wakeup says, he's doing this because he wants to - and he doesn't care how you feel. I think it's time to leave - better to end it now than have this behaviour continue in a marriage.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Why are you "arguing" with him about him flirting with other girls on craigslist??? That's not something you argue about, that's something you breakup over. He's a dirty dog.....what makes you think he's going to stop being one? Because you love him? You get what you get sister.....how to fix this? get rid of the problem....HIM.