+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Torn between two women

Torn between two women

Hello this is my first post, some people may think I'm selfish, a horrible person or just a plain time waster but I'm really not ..

Okay, so my ex broke up with me 6 months ago (third time in 4 years)
    I met someone else shortly after and was casually just talking as friends and then friends with benefits - this woman is 7 years my senior and has 1 child.
    I started gaining feelings for her and almost completely forgot about my ex.. Was enjoying myself and having a great time.
    Now just recently my ex came back into my life and I had a sudden 'realisation' that I wanna spend the rest of my life with her..
    I ended things with the older woman, And was 100% sure of my decision.

During the month I've been seeing my ex I told her how happy I am with the way things are going (because I really was) I have even gone and planned to join her and her family on their holiday..
    Now I met up with work friends a few days ago - and the other woman was there.. I suddenly just remembered why I was seeing this woman beforehand.. I literally was mesmerised by her.. Everything about her had grabbed my attention.. My chest began to hurt and I felt a massive wave of regret.. Then when I don't bump into her at work for a while I start relaxing and feeling okay with everything, then bam I bump into her and all these mixed emotions flood my mind..

And now I'm here.. I love my ex, there's no doubt about it.
    I have feelings for this other woman, it's obvious.
    But here comes the tricky part.. I know age is just a number, but sometimes you need to look at the bigger picture.. She's 7 years older than me, divorced, and has 1 child.. She's lived so much more than me.. She might not want anymore children or to experience life as much me.. And that's a big thing to me..
    But I can't help but think about this women day in and day out.. It's so hard..

But then here comes my ex.. I love her, had planned our entire lives together in the past.. Kids.. Marriage.. Holidays.. The lot. Great sounds perfect .. But I don't know how I feel about any of that anymore.. I love her company and like to care for her .. And have gone and agreed to go on holiday with her, she's so excited and so was I a few days ago -

I'm torn between both of them so much and it kills me every day :/ I sound so greedy but I really don't know what to do anymore

The holiday is in a week .. I don't know what to do..

My emotions change every single day.. I can never relax

I really need some type of advice because this relationship problem is just the begining of my overall problems.. I don't know how much I can take anymore and have gone to the extent of seriously wanting to just give up with my life.

Someone please help me out
    Last edited by Confusedguy6; 13-04-15 at 10:00 AM.

You've been on and off with the first women three times in four years. When you're on and off with someone it's natures way of telling you that you're with the wrong person so forget about her... break up with her and go Z.E.R.O. contact so that you don't keep hoovering one another back in for more make up sex only to realize that you're with the wrong vagina once again. O.o

As for the second woman... are you even sure she wants to be with you? You mention all the bells going off and your pants getting happy again when you seen her at the after work function but you say nothing about how she's viewing you now that you dumped her to be with someone who you keep dumping or keeps dumping you (three times in four years ~ do you need a brick tossed at your head to get you to stop thinking with your dick?)

How old are you? 7 years isn't that much of a difference unless you're 15.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Confusedguy6 View Post
    Hello this is my first post, some people may think I'm selfish, a horrible person or just a plain time waster but I'm really not ..

Okay, so my ex broke up with me 6 months ago (third time in 4 years)
    I met someone else shortly after and was casually just talking as friends and then friends with benefits - this woman is 7 years my senior and has 1 child.
    I started gaining feelings for her and almost completely forgot about my ex.. Was enjoying myself and having a great time.
    Now just recently my ex came back into my life and I had a sudden 'realisation' that I wanna spend the rest of my life with her..
    I ended things with the older woman, And was 100% sure of my decision.

During the month I've been seeing my ex I told her how happy I am with the way things are going (because I really was) I have even gone and planned to join her and her family on their holiday..
    Now I met up with work friends a few days ago - and the other woman was there.. I suddenly just remembered why I was seeing this woman beforehand.. I literally was mesmerised by her.. Everything about her had grabbed my attention.. My chest began to hurt and I felt a massive wave of regret.. Then when I don't bump into her at work for a while I start relaxing and feeling okay with everything, then bam I bump into her and all these mixed emotions flood my mind..

And now I'm here.. I love my ex, there's no doubt about it.
    I have feelings for this other woman, it's obvious.
    But here comes the tricky part.. I know age is just a number, but sometimes you need to look at the bigger picture.. She's 7 years older than me, divorced, and has 1 child.. She's lived so much more than me.. She might not want anymore children or to experience life as much me.. And that's a big thing to me..
    But I can't help but think about this women day in and day out.. It's so hard..

But then here comes my ex.. I love her, had planned our entire lives together in the past.. Kids.. Marriage.. Holidays.. The lot. Great sounds perfect .. But I don't know how I feel about any of that anymore.. I love her company and like to care for her .. And have gone and agreed to go on holiday with her, she's so excited and so was I a few days ago -

I'm torn between both of them so much and it kills me every day :/ I sound so greedy but I really don't know what to do anymore

The holiday is in a week .. I don't know what to do..

My emotions change every single day.. I can never relax

I really need some type of advice because this relationship problem is just the begining of my overall problems.. I don't know how much I can take anymore and have gone to the extent of seriously wanting to just give up with my life.

Someone please help me out
    you can figure this out.

if you look at this objectively, and without emotions, you care about both of them and all you have to do is pick the person better for you.

the one that respects you and your wishes and needs more.

you need to pick the better person, base don how they treat you, as simple as that.

seven years is not as huge of an age difference as you think.

my bf is 13 years younger, it's a non issue.

you just need to get used to her being 7 years older.
    Last edited by eve.ashley; 13-04-15 at 01:46 PM.

Thanks for not holding back - I do appreciate it.
    Seeing things from an outsiders perspective is what I need, people have just been telling me what I already know.

But you've given me some type of wake up call - I shouldn't ask but if you was in my current situation how would you go about dealing with things?