Hi guys, I would like some opinions on something that has been bothering me. A few months ago i was going through a really hard time. My ex ended a long relationship where she cheated leaving me really hurt and depressed. At the time i had no money and it was all getting a bit much. However , i had this female friend who started messaging me and started coming round my house but she started being really odd rubbing my arms and initiating play fights , I was very confused by this especially after the break from my girlfriend was so recent.

She kept asking me if i liked her, i didn’t know what to say because although i do, or did i didn’t want to put my heart on the line when it had recently been shattered. She would not stop until i gave her an answer so i ended up saying yes. She said she wanted to come over and talk about it and i told her straight away i do not want to talk about it if i’m going to end up feeling worse than i already do and she said “ no it going to be ok to relax and feel comfortable about it” so she came round and spoke to me asking if i thought we would be a good couple and i of course said “ yes”. She left and came back the day after and we are getting on really well and i asked if she had seen a film and she said “ i watched it with a ‘friend’. The way she said it was certainly more than a friend. I was really confused and asked her a bit later “this friend, is it some guy your dating “ she said “ yes” i couldn’t believe what i was hearing, i asked her ” what was the point in that conversation” and she said” because i like you “ i asked her " do you like me in that sort of way " and she said she had done for years .anyway about a week later she totally did this U turn and changed her mind about it all but the strange thing is how she denies and pretends that she didn’t say anything. Any insights?