+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Inviting new girl to family wedding?

Inviting new girl to family wedding?

Hi there,

I have recently started seeing this girl (we are both 28).

We have been on several dates and she's been back to mine a few times and we get on really well, always have a good laugh

My brother is getting married early May, and my family ask me to invite her along in the evening if. I wish.

I don't know if this will put her off or make her feel uncomfortable asking, baring in mind it's such a full on family event, she's only briefly met 1 of my parents.

What are your opinions ?

That was nice of your family to suggest you bring her, so why not ask her she can always decline if she feels like it is too soon, but is nice for them to want to include her and for you to ask for her to go with you. You might have the best night, weddings and wedding receptions imo are such good fun. Good food, drinks, happy people, love, music and dancing. A good night.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

great appraoch. let her know that your family would like to invite her to the family outting/brother's wedding and would love to see her there.
    then ask her how she feels about it and if she's interested.

btw how long have you been dating?
    how "serious" is it (as far as what you've agreed upon)? are you exclusive? bf/gf? or "just dating" still?

just dating still.

Seen eachother like 7/8 times. I don't know how serious she is about it

Quote Originally Posted by IamTHATguy View Post
    Hi there,

I have recently started seeing this girl (we are both 28).

We have been on several dates and she's been back to mine a few times and we get on really well, always have a good laugh

My brother is getting married early May, and my family ask me to invite her along in the evening if. I wish.

I don't know if this will put her off or make her feel uncomfortable asking, baring in mind it's such a full on family event, she's only briefly met 1 of my parents.

What are your opinions ?
    my opinion is to tell her exactly what you told us
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.