+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Taking things slowly ...

Quote Originally Posted by maxmax View Post
    Yes.

After all that stress I at least deserve some kinda action out of this ... ;o)
    It's not drama. Yourre making up all this BS in your head because your're in a new relationship. You also seem a little unsure of yourself so it's normal to feel this way. Relax and enjoy each other

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Maybe what she meant by taking things slow, is not going by sex on the third date rule....like giving it some time to get to know each other before you have sex.
    And that's fine by me. I am not looking for someone who gives it up too easy. I am dating because I want to get to meet someone I genuinely like and am drawn to on a phyiscal, personal and intellectual level. Not asking for much am I?

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    It's not drama. Yourre making up all this BS in your head because your're in a new relationship. You also seem a little unsure of yourself so it's normal to feel this way. Relax and enjoy each other
    Unsure, yes, a little. After a 7-year LTR, it is like being a teenager again at times. Still, the past two months I've dated about 6 different girls, so really I should be a little more savvy about these things. It's all practice at the end of the day I guess.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

Unsure, yes, a little. After a 7-year LTR, it is like being a teenager again at times. Still, the past two months I've dated about 6 different girls, so really I should be a little more savvy about these things. It's all practice at the end of the day I guess.
    This comment is so apt. I totally have felt the same way since I've been dating again (like a teenager at times), and wish I could stop all the drama that I've created in my head. You are so not alone in this. As for being savvy...I think it's easier said than done. My biggest issue I've had with dating this most recent guy is letting go of past hurts and trusting until he shows me differently. (btw thanks for your advice - and yes we are in contact again)

Good luck mate....and btw I think it's cool that you've respected her need to take it slow. Personal opinion, she kissed you like that because despite wanting to take it slow she clearly wants you to know that she wants to be more than friends.
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make our world.

“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” – Lao Tzu

And that's fine by me. I am not looking for someone who gives it up too easy. I am dating because I want to get to meet someone I genuinely like and am drawn to on a physcal, personal and intellectual level. Not asking for much am I.
    No you are not, most are looking for the same......it might take awhile but what you get at the end of the day will be worth it.
    Last edited by smackie9; 21-07-11 at 12:07 PM.

glad she called

So ... just to update.

We have met up a couple of times since the above goings on.

Yesterday she joined me at lunch near my work and we spent pretty much the entire afternoon lying in the park, chatting, kissing etc enjoying the sunshine.

She still made the point of taking things slowly. This is fine with me. I think it has something to do with her last relationship as she mentioned the last guy she was with seemed totally committed and then out of the blue decided it wasn't for him.

I guess my question is ... how do I get a balance between showing/telling her I enjoy her company, but not seem as though I am moving too fast or being overly keen?

She is coming over for dinner, and I am totally not expecting anything to happen. In a way, because how she feels I wouldn't want anything to happen yet. Of course I'd love to spend the night with her, but I'd rather her know that actually I can wait until she is absolutely comfortable with it.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

Well some like to wait for a few weeks to a month so just play it kool. Give her bits of attention, like a wink or with some teasing. Never be too eager to please.
    Last edited by smackie9; 27-07-11 at 09:14 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123