+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I have a problem... and i need advice on how to deal with them.

I have a problem... and i need advice on how to deal with them.

Hi, I have a problem that i just can't stand ignoring anymore. It's like this... in the beginning of October last year a girl I loved very much suddenly told me that she liked me. I got completely thrilled. 2 days later she dumped me. I didn't get over her until the beginning of summer. Then in the beginning of August I went to band camp, where i met another girl. I like her a lot, and she likes me, but as it turned out we live a long way from each other. Now in December it's been 4 months since i met her in person and now the girl who dumped me have started speaking to me again. The thing is I can't avoid her because we play in the same band. And now she wants me to sit next to her every week at band practice. The thing is that we have been best friends since we were like 6 years old and i loved her for 5 years before she told me that she liked me, because i never had the guts to tell her, and now I think I'm starting to have feelings for her again. And since the girl i met at band camp lives so far away I can't rekindle the spark and i feel like a really bad person for just not liking her anymore, and it's not better that I'm falling for the girl who treated me like crap just a year ago. I would like some advice about what to do. Is it OK to be with the girl who dumped me? Could she have changed? Is it OK for me to tell the girl I met at band camp that i do not like her anymore? The last thing i want is to look like a douche bag. I'm very grateful for any helpful responses!

Firstly tell the bandcamp girl that a long distance relationship is too hard on you emotionally and it would be easier to just be friends.
    Second why did the other girl dump you? I probably wouldn't suggest dating someone who dumped you but I guess you can gauge that on her reasons
    I am sure you can find another decent girl locally, who isn't going to dump you after 2 days, good luck!
    “So it's not gonna be easy, It's going to be really hard, we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday.” <3

The girl dumped because as she said:"I have to many things in my life at the moment." But i think it was mostly of fright, because I were 17 at the moment and she was 15, and her best friend who were the only one who knew about our relationship at the moment told her whole school so I think she dumped me because she got scared, because i'm older that is... even though ther is just 1.2 years difference between us. Right now she's 17 and I'm 18.

If it all works out, hopefully she is a little more mature this time around
    “So it's not gonna be easy, It's going to be really hard, we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday.” <3

Thanks a lot for the advice! I appreciate it!