+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Questions about being a rebound

Questions about being a rebound

I was a rebound guy to a girl for 4 months. She had just gotten out of a very long relationship and somehow I got involved with her. We were close at first and she was very affectionate and caring. After she began to "heal" she became distant and ended the relationship so she could be "single". I know it was a textbook example of a rebound relationship. She did break my heart, and has told me I was something to her, and other times she told me it was just for fun. My questions are: Do you think she ever thinks about me? In time I would like to be good friend to her, since we shared a lot of moments together, do you think that the rebound guy ever gets a chance down the road to be a good friend or was I just a fling to help her cope?

You dont get a chance again...the fun is to make them or sum1 realize you can funtion with out the person who hurt you. once ya hump sum1 else normaly ya just forget about the rebound. the person her gets hurt thinks of the other person cuz they looked at it dif. just let it go. people who need rebounds are not people you wanna date. a person can heal them selves with out another person.

why would you even want to be friends with a girl who used you for her own satisfaction and threw you out like last weeks lunch.? I'm sure she'll have her weak moments along the road of the single life where she will sit down and think about you....but she doesn't care enough to want to pursue anything with you. She is looking for her prince charming. A prince charming is NEVER that rebound guy....it just doesn't make a good fairy tale story.

It doesn't matter if she thinks about you or not. It's over. She probably regrets hurting you, and that's it. Time to move on to someone who isn't rebounding.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

If she thought that much of you then she would still be with you. Move on. It doesn't matter if she still thinks of you or not, and I don't think being friends with her is such a good idea. Find yourself someone who will treat you better!

You were just a healing tool for her.....a step stool.

You were just that guy to help her heal up. Nothing more, nothing less. The only way for you to be in the picture again is if she never finds a guy that would care for her. Good luck!
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?