+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I need a guys perspective.

I need a guys perspective.

So I work with this guy. He's sooo handsome and has a great personality. By the way hes 28 and I'm 23. But it wasn't until a few months ago that I realized I had a "crush" on him. He's very flirtarious around other girls at work, but he's also very flirtarous around me. He's always joking around and whatnot. In the restaurant bussiness you're always out with your coworkers grabing a drink or just hanging out, and seeing as how we run around the same circle of friends we're always hanging out. Back in March i decided to tell him how i felt and say "hey i like this person at work etc" well hes not dumb and obviously picked up on the fact that it was him. Since then we started "seeing" each other (i guess thats what we are). We're always together (and the fact that we have more or less the same schedule at work does not help). He stays over my apartment, I stay over his all the time and stuff like that. My problem is believe it or not; I dont know if he likes me.
    I got out of a 3 year relationship not too long before we started talking, and he got out of a relationship a while ago ans I know it was an intense and sad break up. I dont know if hes over the girl and maybe I'm just someone to just provide company. He's a sweet guy. He has bought me my favorite ice cream without me even asking him to, he comes out with me whenever i want, makes me breakfast when i stay over, he also tells me that I'm the only one hes hooking up with (and I kinda believe him seing as how we spent a lot of time together, but then again he could also be lying who knows), and basically he wanted to set up bounderies ragarding other guys at work. He said it was because he didn't want things to be awkard between them but i feeel he was sort of jealous. yet with all that i still feel like he doesn't like me. I dont know if its just me psyching myself out or its reality. I sometimes want to gather the courage and just be upfront and tell him everything I'm saying here but it always fall short. I don't want to pressure him into a relationship or ask "hey where is this going", i just kinda want to know if im sort of wasting my time. I tell myself hes just whatever, but honestly I do like him and it sucks. He's away on vacation until next week, and I have yet to get a text, which is dispappointing me since I wish he texted me saying something, anything. The only sign of life i got I got a little message on a game app we have saying "I've missed kicking your butt at this", i dont know if thats his way at communicating he misses me or hes just bored.
    Bottom line is, I just need some advice. What should I do should I talk to him and stop assuming things or just let it continue how it is, not ruin things and see how this progresses? I find guys sooo complicated to understand, well at least him. What do you guys think from what ive described does it seem like he likes me or am i just another "piece of booty" for him. Ugh i feel like such a teenager lmao. Thanks for your help.

If he treats you like anybody else, then that means his not into you. Most of the time he only wants a hook up and forget about you. I'm not judging him though since you know him better. I suggest to just go with the flow. But if you wanna do it with him then make a move.

Not every relationship is fireworks and passionate love. You're an nsa girl to enjoy some companionship when it's convenient. In reality, what's wrong with that? He's nice to you and you haven't asked for anything more.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

Well he doesnt treat me like everyone else. According to everyone we work with he does treat me different. Which makes it harder to even decipher w.e this situation is. I havent asked for more because I'm not sure iif thats exactly what I want right now as much as i like him I'm not 100 percet sure its the road to go for now but if thats what i end up wanting i dont want to look like an idiot. Sometimes the things he says makes me think hes just not ready for a relationship but wouldnt
    Mind one wit me, but I end up spyching myself out and saying im just reading too much into it. Im not insecure by any means and never have been, and ive never been shy to express what im thinking but this guy just got into my head and making me doubt myself =\

You better talk to him and stop assuming things, because if he really likes you and wants you, most probably he will be glad to tell you that.