View Poll Results: Would get involved in a fight to save a girl being attacked?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes definately!

5 50.00%
  • Only if I knew her.

3 30.00%
  • Only if my friends were there.

0 0%
  • I'd call the police, but thats it.

1 10.00%
  • No way!

1 10.00%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting involved in a fight

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by shakey View Post
    Ok maybe if the fight was more mutual and not that serious it would be best not to get involved. But say someone was being punched half to death, you wouldn't do anything?? Not even call the cops??
    Such simple questions. Who, where, when, why. These all play as major factors even when they seem so minor. Who knows? Maybe that person had done something just as drastic to provoke the attacker.

Not too long ago, this woman in my class was angry because this other guy in the class had lied to her about getting her into a club. It ended up costing her the gas to drive there, plus 15 bucks to get in.

15 bucks. 15 bucks and she had the choice of not going in and paying.

Well she paid the 15 and she expected this guy to pay up for having "lied". Maybe he thought he could get her in, I don't know. Anyway, she said some pretty harsh things to him in front of everybody and he flipped out. He's a big guy, been in and out of jail. Not somebody would mess with. He was about to get at her. The rest of the class just watched. We didn't know how serious this was gonna get until it had already gotten there. Her male friend went to step in-between them to calm him down (while she was behind him screaming at the "assailant"), and the big guy grabbed the 'lil dude by the neck and started to choke him, with one hand.

Me? I was already inclined from the get-go not to get involved. I didn't know either, and quite frankly, I thought she was ridiculous to have made a big deal out of 15 bucks. Who knows? Maybe 15 is a lot for her to be spending, maybe she's just that short on cash. But both parties went to the extreme, because both parties refused to back down.

That's on them, not me. And if nobody else couldn't calm them down, I wasn't gonna bother.

Take a punch? Get choked? For her? **** that. They can take both their black asses outside for all I care. Because who's gonna end up paying for any injuries I get? Me. Because clearly, neither would have the money to cough up anyway.

Her friend stepped in to intervene. Good for her. Had it been my friend I would've too, I only know this because I have in the past. But your scenarios are too black and white. Big evil bad guys vs. little innocent good girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Such simple questions. Who, where, when, why. These all play as major factors even when they seem so minor. Who knows? Maybe that person had done something just as drastic to provoke the attacker.

Not too long ago, this woman in my class was angry because this other guy in the class had lied to her about getting her into a club. It ended up costing her the gas to drive there, plus 15 bucks to get in.

15 bucks. 15 bucks and she had the choice of not going in and paying.

Well she paid the 15 and she expected this guy to pay up for having "lied". Maybe he thought he could get her in, I don't know. Anyway, she said some pretty harsh things to him in front of everybody and he flipped out. He's a big guy, been in and out of jail. Not somebody would mess with. He was about to get at her. The rest of the class just watched. We didn't know how serious this was gonna get until it had already gotten there. Her male friend went to step in-between them to calm him down (while she was behind him screaming at the "assailant"), and the big guy grabbed the 'lil dude by the neck and started to choke him, with one hand.

Me? I was already inclined from the get-go not to get involved. I didn't know either, and quite frankly, I thought she was ridiculous to have made a big deal out of 15 bucks. Who knows? Maybe 15 is a lot for her to be spending, maybe she's just that short on cash. But both parties went to the extreme, because both parties refused to back down.

That's on them, not me. And if nobody else couldn't calm them down, I wasn't gonna bother.

Take a punch? Get choked? For her? **** that. They can take both their black asses outside for all I care. Because who's gonna end up paying for any injuries I get? Me. Because clearly, neither would have the money to cough up anyway.

Her friend stepped in to intervene. Good for her. Had it been my friend I would've too, I only know this because I have in the past. But your scenarios are too black and white. Big evil bad guys vs. little innocent good girl.
    yeah your right its very difficult to include complex scenarios in a short internet poll without going over the word limits.

But thanks for expanding on an actual real life example its interesting to see how different situations merit such different actions.

In the case I mention, my bf stepped in because he knew the guy was prone to drunken violence and had stepped in to save me from his drunked punches in the past so he knew he could take this guy.

If it had be a huge body builder or some situation where the fight looked less serious or on more equal a footing... he probably wouldn't have stepped in. I was only really talking about a similar case in the poll because thats the easiest situation to ask about and get clear answers. But you are of course totally correct. There is no such black and white situations in the real world and each case would have to be judged individually.

I myself would never help someone by joining into a fight either, but if I saw anything serious happening I'm sure I'd call the cops. Thats the least I could do to help out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12