+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Please help me express my love

Please help me express my love

Let me start by describing my situation...

I have been good friends with this girl for the past 5 years. I consider her to be my best friend. She goes to college on the other side of the country usually for 8 months out of the year until this year, her junior year, she had to stay home for the semester for health reasons. We have grown so close since shes been home and will be going back to school across the country in a couple of months.

The problem is we usually seem to put eachother on the back burner when this happens. This is a girl who I would do anything for, who I care about more than anyone in the world, and promised I will always be there for her no matter what.

I would like to give her something, before she leaves, that she can keep with her to "remind" her of how I feel about her and our friendship. I was thinking some sort of jewelry that symbolizes something to do with love, distance, friendship, protection, and dependability.

Any ideas?

Something that means something to her coming from you will be totally different than something i would give her. Be careful with jewelry, that has an implied meaning levels above that of friendship, in fact I would advise no jewelery, something more personal of your own doing.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Quote Originally Posted by Cbrider View Post
    Something that means something to her coming from you will be totally different than something i would give her. Be careful with jewelry, that has an implied meaning levels above that of friendship, in fact I would advise no jewelery, something more personal of your own doing.
    This is practically verbatim what I was going to say. Some of the best gifts are ones that mean something special to the people giving and receiving, but wouldn't be special to anyone else.

If you must do the jewelry thing, you could also consider making it a less stereotypical piece of jewelry. When I was 17 a friend made me a necklace to symbolize our friendship and I still keep it with me to this day.
    there are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.