+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to express my feeling with scaring him off

How to express my feeling with scaring him off

Hey fellows I need a little male insight here. I have a neighbor of mine whom whe have been friends for the last few months. We almost immediatly had a connection but remained only friends. We spent many nights on the porch chatting, drinking some wine, watch a movie ect. About a month and a half ago we ended up having sex and since then we have been sexual with each other on a regular basis. Prior to us taking it to a sexual level he has made the comment that he was not into chasing women and that he was not a "hit and run" he wanted something more substantial. We have been on a couple of camping trips together with other friends. He even agreed to go the symphony with me. We still have not really been on a "date". The thing is that I am not sure if this is FWB or what. I get mixed signals at times. He has also told me that he is kinda of shy esp when it comes to women. For example he was telling me the other day that he loves to dine at fine resturants and spend alot of money doing it and said that me, him and my cousin should go out to eat some night. My cousin is my roommate and a friend of his as well. But my thing is if we are sleeping with each other already why would it be an issue for us to go out just with each other, not have my cousin along. But then the other day I ended up in the hospital for about 3 days, he did not come by to see me in the hospital, or even call to check to see how i was doing. Am I looking too much into that?

My position is that i just want to go with the flow. I like this man, we have common interest, we are basically at the same cross roads in our life. We have both been through somethings in our past that we are trying to move forward with. I am out of a 12 yr marriage and i dont want to rush anything so i cant say Right now, I can t say i want an "relationship" right now but perhaps in the future, but i dont want a FWB relationship and I dont want to be a booty call---even though the sex is absolutly amazing and we both agree it is about the best we both have ever had. But there is way more to me than the sex. I want some one I can enjoy my time with, do things of mutal interest, have fun and go from there if it goes some where it goes if not then theres other fish in the sea.

But what is the best apporach to telling him this. I dont want it to be one of those "we need to talk" which will make him feel cornered, but i want to express how i feel with out scaring him off. How should I bring this up. Thanks for any opinions

Since you have an easy time talking to him just tell him that you're into him and you'd like to go on a real date.... simple as that.

Never hurts to ask....