Ok my relationship is a complicated one. i've been with out a serious girl friend for almost ever. i've never understood how to act with my significant other. i had no father to explain these things to me and my mom worked almost constantly and my first girlfriend was when i was living at someone elses house and they couldnt tell me anything about this stuff either. so i was to learn everything i know from trial and error and media of one kind or another.(i've sampled many a source and i have a pretty good common sense when it comes to these things) but again i digress.

I'm currently in a not quite dating but very close and intimate long distance relationship with this girl (lets call her Sarah). let me give you a little background on this. we first "met" at a rp guild in gaia that my friend asked me to help start up. i met sarah soon after and we would all Rp having fun. but along the way our characters got closer and closer and I could feel we were as well . (please dont judge me on this I've trouble trusting anyone and the internet is one of the few places i actually trust people at least more so than in real life. been hurt more often than not.) eventually we started talking to each other over the phone outside the guild and got even closer and now two years later we have talked a lot and learned much about each other and we are very similar: Withdrawn, untrusting of people in general, listeners in our group, like to talk but don't know what to say, can get depressive at random times, hones and bluntly so, love video games but also love to read.We have both seen pictures of the other and like what we see, we love talking to each other and spending time interacting over the internet because we live at least four states away from each other(the actual distance is really like 900 miles i believe give or take a couple 20) but its hard to talk to eachother because we both suck at small talk.

I'm going to try to visit her in the next year but that's such a long time. any ideas on what to talk about or other things we can do to show how I care during that time.

like letters? is that a good idea i know no one writes those anymore its all eletronic. but then agian my hand writing really sucks.

We are both really into cats. Me lynxs and her tigers thats what our rp characters are. I'm thinking about getting her this really pretty lynx necklace i found. kind of a material representation of me. are these good ideas or am i just making it seem like im over-compensating as i said im really new to relationships and my last long distance one failed miserably and i don't want this one to because im really falling for her.

Oh and i almost forgot im 21 really soon and she'll be 19 really soon as well.

Edit and i did just read the doomed relationships thread i know this will probably go under there if things go south. but let me clear a few things up here.
1. Im not so crazy in love with her and all head over heels wacko. But i do like her a lot and i want to get to know more about her.
2. we haven't known each other for just a few months its been 2 years since we met and been a year since we started talking outside of gaia.
3. I rarely like anyone i meet right away I'm naturally friendly but I mistrust people greatly.