+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Highschool...

Highschool...

Hey. I'm in need of assistance. So I like this girl. We've been friends for a year and we're pretty close friends now. Last year, I wasn't really interested in relationships but heading into Junior year... I'm started to have feelings for her. I was hoping that we can start a relationship. I know that highschool relationships don't really last but I was thinking that maybe we could give it a try. Problem is, I'm moving schools in a few months and it left a sense of sadness in me.

I've already asked her to homecoming. I was maybe thinking of telling her how I feel about her during homecoming. Not sure if its a good time to tell her. I don't have experience with relationships because well... I've never really gotten into it. Homecoming is this Friday night. I just want to tell her and get it off my chest. Ugh.. its killing me inside. I don't know... its something about her that makes me want to hold her in my arms and let her be mine. Yeah I know, I'm still in highschool.

So what should I do?

I would suggest not telling her how you feel about her. Save that for when you're already in a solid romantic relationship. Make Homecoming a fun, corny, date-like kind of night. Be flirty if she seems open to it. Try for innocent physical contact, like gently placing your hand on her back when you're walking together. Give her your jacket if she's cold, or whatever. If that goes well, then ask her out for another romantic date-like thing. Since you're friends, you should make it clear that you're asking for a "date," not just "friends hanging out again."

Actually, Homecoming would give you a pretty good opening for asking her on more dates. For example, "I had so much fun with you at Homecoming. Would you want to go out with me again like that? I'd love to take you out on another date this Friday."

Be young and in love and don't be afraid to risk sharing such a lovely feeling. Every girl dreams of dancing with the man of her dreams at her homecoming. She chose to go with you so don't stint on making it a night to remember. A kiss in the moonlight is a magical memory. And if it is your first kiss, then that memory will last for a lifetime, make it a good one. Trust me, Homecoming is the perfect time to tell her, and not to tell her would be a regret you will likewise carry to your grave.First love is special, and has been known to shape the course of many a person's life. Best test is to think how you'd feel if you don't get to hold her in your arms. Choose the the option that feels good. Luck to You

Be young and in love and don't be afraid to risk sharing such a lovely feeling. Every girl dreams of dancing with the man of her dreams at her homecoming.
    Good advice IF she sees you as the "man of her dreams". But she probably sees you as a source for free dinner.

So, don't tell her your feelings yet. Don't get too serious too fast or you will scare her off.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    Good advice IF she sees you as the "man of her dreams". But she probably sees you as a source for free dinner.

So, don't tell her your feelings yet. Don't get too serious too fast or you will scare her off.
    Agree, but I'm hearing that they have been 'close friends' for a year and how long does a girl have to wait for a boy to make a move? 'Telling her how he feels' only means moving into romantic feelings (not a declaration of undying love or marriage!) I should maybe say, "show her you have romantic feelings" by holding hands etc, and take it from there, according to her response. But Bullrush is right, don't get too serious too soon. Don't think she'll be just out for a free feed at sweet sixteen ,( tut, tut, Bullrush!) But if she moves uncomfortably away when you try to put your arm around her or take her hand, then she is not ready for a romantic date. On the dance floor is a good place to make your first move, you can be certain that girls like to be held on the dance floor, if they feel romantic it is so easy to snuggle closer.Pick a slow dance and it doesn't matter if you can't dance, just sway to the music.

)

Hi Gypsybell, this is not a jab at you so don't take it that way. It is an encouragement for women.
    Agree, but I'm hearing that they have been 'close friends' for a year and how long does a girl have to wait for a boy to make a move?
    A girl does not have to wait for a boy to make a move, she can make her move. This is not the 1950s.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

I wouldn't confess your deepest emotions to her during Homecoming. Just enjoy Homecoming. Have a good time. Make some memories for yourself. And if the night is fun, ask her out again at the end of it. No need to try to jump from a first date into a long term thing.

Just relax. Take a deep breath. And live in the present. Carpe diem and all that.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!