+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Weird co-worker

Weird co-worker

Hi
    I am 35 years old. I share an office with a woman who is in her 60s. Since the day I started she has been weird with me.

I came in late 2 Mondays in a row about 2 months after I started the job. The second Monday before I could even get my coat off she very angrily and loudly asked "Are you interviewing???". I was so pissed she ASSUMED I was (I wasn't) and combined with the fact that she seemed so pissed about it I answered "Yes". She told my boss I found out later. He called me into his office a few days later to ask how everything was going and that he wanted to send me away on training but wanted to know if I was really into the job. I said I was interested in the job but had a prospective job offer (which I did) and the reason I was interested in it was that it paid quite a bit more. He immediately told me he would give me a pay increase and I would see it in totality about 5 months later (i.e., included raises...).

Anyway, my co-worker talked A LOT about the younger woman who held this job before me... always in a bad light. It was an everyday thing that started to get to me. She criticized her about everything, even personal things. One day she said something about how the girl was very flirty and had a body that wouldn't quit... then looked at me and said "not to take away from you".

Wow.. that was kind of mean, I thought.

When people approach me to ask me something *I* oversee, many times she answers the question before I can even get a word in.

She criticized the girl before me for being friendly with much higher-ups.... so of course that's something I do frequently in front of her now

Does this sound like weird stuff... or is it me?

honestly she just sounds like a bitch to me. nothing you have really described constitutes weird, just bitchy. sounds like she's got a chip on her shoulder. probably isn't getting any! ..................j/k