+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hmmm now what?

Hmmm now what?

Well, like a true love story, I saw this girl for the first time and pretty much fell for her. Fast forward 5months, after being friends, we started going out.

Was going fine, she iniatated the i love yous, and everything was fine. As we are in college, she goes back home during the christmas and summer, but we would keep in contact by webcam etc.

However, this summer things kind of change. I went to see her after about a month away, and noticed something was different. The i love you she said was kind of said half heartedly, if that is the right way. I got on fine with her friends and her family really liked me, and even said that i was welcome back. So after 2 weeks I went back feeling a bit weird.

So come the the new term, and picked her up from the airport and then everything seemed fine.

Then I started to notice that it seemed she was pushing me away, not sharing her feelings, and generally stressing about the last year of college. So we had a talk, and agreed some time to think. We got back together, and was on the verge of being physical again. That point I needed to talk about us not dating and being more of a couple, and then she broke us off.

I dont know whether she is unsure of what will happen after college, or whether the time apart during summer destroyed us, or even just scared of committing.

We had something really good, and got on amazingly. She even said that she was planning on following me whereever I went. But, now? Cant help but feel she ran away, worried so much that she got confused.

I know I should start moving on, but I cant help think that she doesnt really want this, and its really frustrating. Thinking of giving her time, and seeing if anything is there, but I am in early 20s so what do I no!?!

I'm in a similar situation. Don't put your eggs in one basket. Try to find other people but at the same time, try to get her back.

Take her out. Tell her to trust you. Use the romantic atmosphere to your advantage, and woo her. Then hopefully you can initiate kissing, or hit the nail on the head and talk.

I'm no expert though because I myself haven't dug myself out of my hole (not even close) so hopefully you get some other opinions.

Well, I'd say you're in a tough spot. It's hard when you love someone to see beyond that....and I guess that's why you're on here! I'd say give her a week. See if anything happens communication wise. A week is A LONG time in my opinion. If nothing happens, just lay it on the line with her. Say "Look, I really like you and I would like to know if you feel the same way....if not then I need to move on." Pretty simple really. I wouldn't spend too much time on someone who doesn't have time for you. Why bother? You will only feel unloved if you persue it for too long.....trust me, I've done it before!