+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Mixed Messages? What's next?!

Mixed Messages? What's next?!

(Dense-brained male question) Okay, guys you might remember my topic named "Double Meaning" when this girl randomly stated "Boys are so stupid! It isn't that complicated!" . I got a clear message that instead of being a stump I should ask her out. Knowing that this was a good idea, I asked her on a date.

She said yes...Now here is where the problem begins. I ask her a date, she has something to do. Ask again. Another excuse. She refuses to try to look in the future of any other days because of possible "short notices". I don't trip over this but I did say that it was hard as hell to just get a date with her in a calm tone.

She said "It happens."

I said "It sure does."

Later on, I am doing my work and she comes up to my and starts punching me playfully in the arm.

Her- "Don't pretend that this doesn't annoy you!"

I kept on working. She tried to tickle me. It didn't work.

Her- "Is this your spot?!"
    Me - "No, you'll never find it."

Her - "How are you doing?"
    Me - "I'm doing good."
    Her - "...okay...that's good" *walks away*

Two days later, I text her. We have a pretty cool conversation. Then that day in class I go to sit by her. She looks at me casually and doesn't do anything more. I hug, I rested my head on her shoulder. You know little things. She took them lightly (you know not blowing them off, but not getting into it either. I asked her about the interview she had one day. She gave a quick "Really good." and turned her back away from me.

To end this, I thought she like me. I am not "bummed out" so to speak, but this dense man is pretty confused. She doesn't seem to care. Every day for the date I choose, she seems busy (I've offered about 4 days). If she didn't want to go on a date she could have just made a bad excuse when I asked in the first place. A few days ago she seemed into me. I go to sit by her. I'll say this now, I am not the loud type, usually pretty quiet. Not shy, just quiet, so I don't have much to say when I am sitting by her. But she just seems.....well.....cold.

I would say that she is farther from me now because I am getting closer to her, but I wouldn't say that is true. I still tease her, and call her an "Oompa Loompa", it doesn't make sense. Can anyone translate?

I think if she was interested she would make time or propose a time that will work. Not just excuse after excuse with no alternatives.

It sucks yeah but it is what it is.

Pretend like you like a new girl and ignore this girl and I promise you she will be all over you.

Cool

Yeah, it seems that way. It's fine! I'm already talking to someone else! If she decides to come around it's alright. But I might not be available then.

Seems like she is playing games, I say move on to the next lucky lady and if she comes around she comes around but if you are with someone else its her loss.

Yeah...

Indeed. Thanks for the advice!