+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What Am I Doing Wrong?

What Am I Doing Wrong?

I know I'm at least a 6 or a 7, a little out of shape but not bad, decent style. No big personality flaws. I make every girl I meet laugh. And I try. Been rejected 8 times in the past 6 months. Still no gf by 20, what am I doing wrong?

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    You're describing about the other millions of people around the world. Question is, what makes you unique?
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

build up your self confidence. sounds like you're looking for anyone who'll take you and that's a dangerous attitude. remember you'll find someone special in the strangest situations. relax and chill out with mates, you don't need a gf to make you happy, not if your mates are great.

Quote Originally Posted by kitkitkitty View Post
    build up your self confidence. sounds like you're looking for anyone who'll take you and that's a dangerous attitude. remember you'll find someone special in the strangest situations. relax and chill out with mates, you don't need a gf to make you happy, not if your mates are great.
    My friends are great guys but they usually end up being the reason I get passed on, because many times a girl would rather be with them. Which just makes things more confusing because they really aren't any better than me in terms of looks, personality etc. But yeah, kinda lonely so you're right, I'd settle for anyone who'll take me at this point.
    Last edited by OhFour; 04-08-10 at 05:10 PM.

they may not have 'better personalities' but they're different. as long as you're not a cheating liar i'm sure you'll be fine. stop looking and whatever it is you're looking for will find you

You've only asked out 8 women in the last 6 months? You must not be trying very hard.

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    You've only asked out 8 women in the last 6 months? You must not be trying very hard.
    Nah, 8 straight out rejections - the rest went a little further than rejection but ended up going where.

How many are we talking here then?

And what happened that caused them to go nowhere?

Your answer does not lie in simply figuring out how to prevent girls from rejecting you. You also need to look at your actions, your body language, how you talk, etc, etc. I can't tell you what you've done wrong when you haven't given any concrete information or examples of how you act around these women.

Women can sense desperation, and it isn't an attractive quality. You need to relax and be comfortable with yourself on your own before you're ready to get with the ladies. 20 is a difficult age for a guy, because women tend to be attracted to guys who are at least a little older, so the females who are interested in you are likely to be underage. Even after you hit 21 and can get into the bars, your age is going to work against you at first. If you've been rejected this many times, at least that shows that you're not too shy to talk to women. Keep talking, but try to relax and not force things that aren't there. Look for common interests, a shared sense of humor, whatever, some kind of reason why a woman might want to spend more time with you. If nothing else, you will get better at small talk, and that's a good start. And if your friends keep getting the women, you should try meeting women when your friends aren't around.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.