+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Starting a Relationship With My Best Friend That I Also Live With

Starting a Relationship With My Best Friend That I Also Live With

Im a freshman in college and I live in the dorms. When I met this girl on my floor, she had a boyfriend. We became friends quickly, as we are very similar, and hang out a lot. She broke up with her boyfriend
    because he was too far away about a month ago. I told one of our mutual friends that I liked this girl,
    and a week later he tells me that she knows I like her, and she likes me too. However, before she was
    single we planned our rooming situation for next year, and we are going to be living together. She told
    our mutual friend that she is weary about starting a relationship because of this.

I want to take this relationship to the next level but I'm unsure on how to proceed. I'm not sure what I
    would even ask her. We wouldn't be dating since we already live practically next to each other and hang out constantly, right? Would that mean we would skip the dating phase and jump right into the
    boyfriend/girlfriend phase?

Btw I have never had a girlfriend before

Just have a talk with her, tell her that you like her. Just be aware though that if it doesn't work out your living with them for a while which could be awkward. But if you don't say anything you could miss your opportunity. good luck!

What comes after the talk though? Do we start dating? Dating is something you do meet someone and hang out, but we hang out all the time anyway.

I dont know if bumping does anything, but I would really appreciate some feedback on this.