+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Taking risks...

Taking risks...

Alright, I dont ask girls out or say whats on my mind very often but Im geting better. Last thursday something came over me and I wanted to ask this one girl out that I had a couple short conversations with prior. At the end of our college class we went separate ways and I was bummed. It was one of those days where my confidence was up and didnt want to waste the day. So, I wrote her a really nice message and sent it to her (I mentioned I would have rather said this in person ya know).

24 hours later I get a text from her saying it was really sweet and thank you and ya that sounds fun. So, I felt good but knew it could go either way if she really wanted to go out. She said she was really busy that weekend but hopefully next.

Today, we had class again, she came in late (which I was tring to do but she came in even later)....Couldnt really say anything to her during lecture then immediately afterwards her girlfriends swarmed and started talking so I left.

I do not want to pursue her any more than I already have. I said alot, maybe too much, in the message...so I want her to show some interest because the worst thing that could happen is if she feels as though she has to go out with me out of pity or something.

Anyway, thought it would be interesting to have some other females' point of view on this thing....she really seems like a nice kind girl and....want to play this right.

Thanks,

Davis

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That's a pathetic attempt. You send ONE text and you don't want to persue more?

It wasnt a text, it was a letter. Damn....

I don't want to overpursue....the message I sent was about 3 paragraphs...not a little text.

I don't think it would hurt and to pursue a little more...

Bear in mind, that while some females would you pursue you, some females are also not that way inclined. She could be a little shy about making moves.

She said that she was busy, but hopefully the weekend after. So far, so good.

Keep on with showing your interest, because she could be testing your level of interest (yes, some of us do this). Send a text or call 'Hey, how are you' or something along those lines.

Alright, its been a while.

So, 1st weekend she was probably available friday and so was I. So come Friday, I did not hear a word from her because she was supposed to let me know if she was free. I texted her that evening cause it was getting late saying we will try next weekend. The next mrning she texts me saying her phone was dead. Now, the next weekend came and I was busy and it was the weekend before finals. So, I said to her it would probably be easier if we went out after finals and school would be over...During this she always responded "yeah sounds good!" or "ya ok!"

Now, finals ended last thursday. I wasnt able to talk to her during the class we have cause she is always talking to her friends and surrounding her. I dont care just it makes it harder to walk up when there is this feeling I guess that she knows I really like her. Ugh, anyway, after finals (day after), I text her asking how she feels now that it is summer and finals are over. She says "Soo good. So happy to be done!".

I feel like she isnt interested though. I dont know...I thought I was good at reading these situations. I havent responded since (its not like shes asking me questions or trying to carry on a short convo). Via facebook I saw that she had to go to some graduation of a friends and then there was this pic of her at this party looking totally wasted....I dont know guys...

I dont know if she is interested or not. I feel like I am always initiating contact. I like her and definitely would want to go out with her but I'm also willing to move on to the next which is kinda what Im going into unless you women think differently and that I need to pursue more. I just think, if a girl like you, she'll text you or call you out of the blue at least once. This girl is neither shy nor outgoing...kinda both I guess depending on situation.

Whaddaya think? I appreciate your opinions.
    Last edited by Davis; 05-06-10 at 06:33 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    CALL HER,

Forget texting.

Yea, I called her too...forgot to mention that sorry.

I called her those two weekends when it didnt work out..

Does that change anything?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    nah only that you're cute.

I DO think you should have approached her while with friends by no means are you ugly! Her friends might even encourage her to get out with you.

Ask her to call you when she's free and if she doesn't cut your losses move on.

Haha, thanks, I think its just one of those good pictures...

Good idea with the call me when you're free. Definitely what Im goin to say in it....that'll be deciding factor...

I guess I 'll let you know eventually if I fly or crash and burn