+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Heartbreak making me ill

Heartbreak making me ill

I fell for a guy 12 years old than me who was at my hiking group. Over the years we have had a rocky relationship where he would show me interest but would serial date other people. As a result I would ignore him as I was hurt and then he would get annoyed I ignored him but he didn't know why.

We made amends recently but he went back to blowing hot and cold. His brother once told me that he has had a very bad time with relationships and has bad anxiety, I do believe this as he stutters and gets nervous around me. If he is socially awkward how can he ask the majority of the women out of the hiking group? The women get annoyed with his strategy so now he is a member of over 100 hiking groups - something not right there.

I fell hard for this guy even though he let me down many times. He is very impatient and moans a lot, I cannot stand those traits. He will be on a hike soon and I have not seen him in 6 weeks. I am fed up of him leading me on and I hate having feelings for him when I know I deserve better.

I don't want any animosity and don't see why I should avoid the group. Should I go to the walk or completely cut him out of my life? I am having sleepless nights and anxiety attacks over this.

Go to the walk if you want to go on the walk, dont worry if he's there or not. That doesn't matter. You should be doing the things you want to do.

If he's asking out the majority of the women in the hiking group he's probably not very selective and I would assume that he's not very desirable.
    A guy that that has his stuff together is a little more selective about who he asks out.
    Not saying there anything wrong with asking out multiple women, but if it's every woman, yeah.
    The fact that he's impatient, and a whiner says something. And is probably the reason why he has bad relationships.

When he's blowing hot and cold he's probably dating other people.
    He might like you, but then someone new might pop up or things might start to look good with someone else he's already been seeing and he'll go cold on you.
    He's had a couple of years of experience with you, so he knows what he's going to get out of it (rocky relationship). With somebody new? Not so much.

I've had women do this with me as well, it happens. I've also been the new guy, and seen them go back to the old person. Even as the new person if you're doing everything right, theres still that chance that because they have so much more time with that other person already, where with you theres such little investment that they will choose them. Once again, it happens.
    Last edited by GLYC; 02-07-17 at 08:35 AM.

Go on the hiking group walk, this is your hiking group too. Don't be forced out by him, be polite but nothing more with him.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Once you let go carrying about him and what he thinks you will be free and not in the least bit bothered by his presence. You can only do so much and go so long with someone and not get what you want or need back. Go for your hike, sounds like fun.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

To me, I guess it comes down to why you REALLY want to go on the walk. Do you want to see him and prove to him you're ok or maybe chat things up with him or do you truly enjoy the walks and the group?