+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Revenge.....or wish them hapiness.....

Revenge.....or wish them hapiness.....

Hi folks,

Have kind of a hypothetical question I'm wondering about.

If someone you loved had hurt you or lied to you, so much that you couldn't carry on a relationship, would you:

a) Mourn your loss, turn and walk away and just love them enough to let go and hope they will be happy.

or

b) Do something that would really teach them a lesson they would not forget lightly. Not talking about physically assaulting someone or stalking or anything like that, but just airing certain truths that would loose them respect with people close to them or ruin their chances at new relationship with another person for example.

Just please answer honestly; I simply want to know how most people would react.

Thanks

I would prescribe forgetting all about them. Hating them isn't going to do you any good, neither is continuing to love them.. if it was *me* I'd do neither. I'd simply try and forget about everything.

First I'd do A and then a day later I'll do B. I hate the thought of him getting with someone else after me, cos he's MINE! MINNNNNEEE!!!

Mainly a, but I wouldn't still love them.

revenge ... the way to go
    Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? - The Ghost of Christmas Past

Yea revenge is always the best policy
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

I think (and hope) they are kidding. Revenge makes you feel good at the moment, but after your feelings of hurt diminish - as they will with time - you will be left with remorse over your own bad behavior (assuming you have a conscience). I vote you just move on.

Revenge in that scenario is petty and caddy and 14 year old-girlish.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Who are you and what have you done with Lloyd95?
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    Who are you and what have you done with Lloyd95?
    Sorry, my bad.

Yes! REvenge is good. Post naked pictures of her here!
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ugh. I have done the 'revenge' thing and it felt good while doing it, but later it made me feel really low. I realized I would've looked better and more mature had I just simply walked away and let it be.

So my advice is....walk away. It turns out better in the long run.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Just move on.. and let them realize what an idiot they were themselves.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

i have only done A , but i always wanted to see what B would turn out into with my ex ...

so try B , if it fails , then do A ... like that you will have all bases .

i'd go for A... i seriously don't have the time and spirit to prank, assault, or stalking.. stuff like that... i mean i have better things to do in my life and just go around getting back on my ex.. and the person is not even worth my time doing all that just getting back on them... and that makes you seem like such a low class person.. i mean be mature and get on with life... not everything in life works out the way u want it to be including relationships... however.. i wouldn't moron over the lose cause it's not my lose it's their's! and i totally would NOT continue loving them cause those ppl are just not worth it.. i know i sound really offensive or something but that's just wat i think... ppl that cheat, lie or hurt others are just not worth being loved

Never let anyone disrespect you as a person and don't compromise your self worth- BUT-If you truly love someone then you don't do things to intentionally hurt them, even if they have hurt you. Everyone deserves respect. The universe will take of them ie karma. It's not your job to teach anyone lesson; they can only learn if they choose to. I've recently had my heart broken badly and he lied to me too. I did what I needed to do to get the truth, but nothing to hurt him. For me to say that I truly love him unconditionally, I couldn't purposely do something to hurt him-even if provoked. Two wrongs don't make a right.