+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I like her, but she has a boyfriend.

I like her, but she has a boyfriend.

Hi there.

Well im new at this, but any help would be appreciated.

I am a 19 year old guy living in Sweden. There is this really good friend of mine who I really like, but she has a boy friend who lives on the other side of the world!

As I said we are really good friends. Ive gone out with her many times and last friday we were at a disco where she got drunk and was hugging me and kissing my cheek the whole night. Even when she is sober she shows signs which make me believe she kinda likes me. She said that being with me is the second best place in earth she would rather be.

The only thing stopping me is that she already has a boyfriend. I don't even understand why she is together with him if they never even see eachother. If she wouldn't have a boyfriend I would have made my move a long time ago, but the fact that she does have a boyfriend makes me weaker and thus never allowing me to make my move. Im afraid that if I finally do make my move I will lose a really great friend and I really don't want to happen, plus her boyfriend is this mega tall dude with a really athletic body, whearas I am tall enough and have an average body size, but nothing amazing.

What should I do to be able to gain her heart?

well how often does she talk or see this guy she is with, and how long has their relationship been going on... that is vital info.. i can help more if i know these things,.

Just a thought...

I may get flamed for this, but very often women (and men as well) don't like to be alone. In other words they will stay in a less than satisfying relationship until something better comes along just to have the companionship (and sex).

If she's kissing you and stuff either she's not a very loyal woman or she's not happy with her current situation and is looking for something new and better.

I had a girl Saturday night in a club slip me her phone number and gave me a big kiss (tounge and all) three feet behind her boyfriends back saying 'call me Sunday night.'

I did call her and left a message 'thanks for the interest and I find you attractive and all but we can only be buddies as you have a boyfriend.' Probably would have persued it a bit if the guy hadn't been twice my size and looked like a bad-ass. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by xwfuro
    well how often does she talk or see this guy she is with, and how long has their relationship been going on... that is vital info.. i can help more if i know these things,.
    As far as I know they have been together for almost 2 years now and they see eachother like 3 times a year. Either she travels to him or he comes here.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiesharley
    Just a thought...

I may get flamed for this, but very often women (and men as well) don't like to be alone. In other words they will stay in a less than satisfying relationship until something better comes along just to have the companionship (and sex).

If she's kissing you and stuff either she's not a very loyal woman or she's not happy with her current situation and is looking for something new and better.

I had a girl Saturday night in a club slip me her phone number and gave me a big kiss (tounge and all) three feet behind her boyfriends back saying 'call me Sunday night.'

I did call her and left a message 'thanks for the interest and I find you attractive and all but we can only be buddies as you have a boyfriend.' Probably would have persued it a bit if the guy hadn't been twice my size and looked like a bad-ass. LOL.

The thing is that Im not sure if she was so in to me that night only because she was drunk. As I said when she is sober she does show signs that make me believe she likes me in a way but nothing like friday night. Everyone in the dance floor thought we were going out and no one would believe we were just friends.

well if you thyink she likes you why not? whos to guarentee her boyfriend isnt seeing someone else. its hard to have long distance relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by airborn86
    Hi there.

Well im new at this, but any help would be appreciated.

I am a 19 year old guy living in Sweden. There is this really good friend of mine who I really like, but she has a boy friend who lives on the other side of the world!

As I said we are really good friends. Ive gone out with her many times and last friday we were at a disco where she got drunk and was hugging me and kissing my cheek the whole night. Even when she is sober she shows signs which make me believe she kinda likes me. She said that being with me is the second best place in earth she would rather be.

The only thing stopping me is that she already has a boyfriend. I don't even understand why she is together with him if they never even see eachother. If she wouldn't have a boyfriend I would have made my move a long time ago, but the fact that she does have a boyfriend makes me weaker and thus never allowing me to make my move. Im afraid that if I finally do make my move I will lose a really great friend and I really don't want to happen, plus her boyfriend is this mega tall dude with a really athletic body, whearas I am tall enough and have an average body size, but nothing amazing.

What should I do to be able to gain her heart?
    exactly, you are second best. sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiesharley
    but very often women (and men as well) don't like to be alone. In other words they will stay in a less than satisfying relationship until something better comes along just to have the companionship (and sex).
    You miss-spelled "women", it's spelled in this sentence as "sluts" and men as "douche bags".
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    You miss-spelled "women", it's spelled in this sentence as "sluts" and men as "douche bags".
    ::rolley eye's::

No offence intended but you've got some serrious issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Converse
    ::rolley eye's::

No offence intended but you've got some serrious issues.
    Oh really? and you justify that behavior in what you posted? Women who stay in relationships until something better comes along are slut, simple, its not brain science here and they aren't exactly angels here.

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    Oh really? and you justify that behavior in what you posted? Women who stay in relationships until something better comes along are slut, simple, its not brain science here and they aren't exactly angels here.
    You just seem to hate everyone lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

thx all....I just really don't want to do the wrong thing here. I mean maybe she is being like that with me cause she really likes me as a FRIEND. I wish I could read her mind somehow and make the right decision. I have 2 choices here: Ask her out as soon as possible since Im thinking about her everyday and the "pain" just sucks and risk a good thing already going or just carry on as friends until she dumps her boy friend. Thoughts?

By the way. My senior prom is comming up and Im planning to take her with me. Should I ask her? I mean asking a girl to the prom is quite innocent. I just hope her damn boyfriend wont be here by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Converse
    You just seem to hate everyone lol.
    Not true, I love myself. Also to note, the person who actual goes out with her(I think the thread starter might be in that postition than) is a champ because he is nothing but simply the next best thing to come along. OFfcourse I am going to hate those people, if you dont like anyone fawking stay single sluts.

By the way. My senior prom is comming up and Im planning to take her with me. Should I ask her? I mean asking a girl to the prom is quite innocent. I just hope her damn boyfriend wont be here by then.
    I feel sorry for you.

I feel sorry for you.
    In what way do you feel sorry for me?

In what way do you feel sorry for me?
    Because you are trying to get with a girl that some other guy is banging, chump.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast