+ Follow This Topic

Thread: how to tell boyfriend?

how to tell boyfriend?

I'm not really sure how to label this, but my boyfriend seems to be having..I'm not sure, security issues? Few times I just mentioned that it would be nice for me if I had more friends (I only have a few very close ones) and he responded with, "why, aren't I enough for you?" He is of course enough for me, but I did not really know how to explain myself.

Another issue is that although I love my boyfriend very much and I really enjoy spending time with him, I also really like and enjoy my own personal time and space. Sometimes I would feel really tired or simply not in the mood to go out. When I had told him this he responded with "well, if you really love me, then wouldn't you want to spend every minute with me?" Again, I did not know how to explain myself.

Is he acting like this because he doesn't believe I love him? Or that I'm not showing enough affection? How do I let him know that me wanting friends and my own personal time sometimes is not a result of me not loving him, etc.?

Any input is greatly appreciated, thank you!!

Best thing is to just communicate with him about it. I'd probably appreciate a girl talking to me in private about it all, one to one, that infront of all his friends. Not that I'd be embarassed, but there's no distraction when your alone together.

He's probably just wondering why your in the mood sometimes, and other times just too tired, he might see you as blowing hot and cold. Just tell him how much he means to you now and then and even if you want to stay in and relax, text him a few times and be a bit flirty.

Ugh. How freaking annoying.

When are you supposed to trim your toenails? What if you had Indian food for lunch and you get a little burpy? Maybe sometimes a girl just needs to watch some stupid chick flicks with her girlfriends.

What the hell do you have to do to get him off your bra strap?

I think you should watch some movies about obsessive men (like Sleeping with the Enemy and Fear), and just let that sit for a while. Then, start making plans to spend time with new friends without asking his permission. Stop letting this barnacle dictate what your social life is going to be like.
    Spammer Spanker

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Tell that little prick to stop acting like a needy bitch.

If he loved you he'd understand that some people need some alone time, or just time away from their significant others.

Hell, me and my girlfriend both need time alone/away, and we encourage each other to go do things with friends or family without the other.

Doesn't mean we love each other any less, we just have an understanding of boundaries. It really makes the time together that much more special, because we know we both want to be there.

thank you guys for the replies, i really appreciate it.

i always thought that it was normal for boyfriends/girlfriends to spend atleast some time apart from eachother sometimes but never really knew for sure.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What the hell, doesn't he have his own friends that he wants to do shit with? Are you his only friend? Why don't you two coincide your "friend time" so you can kill two birds with one stone?

I'm taking a shot in the dark but I don't think that is very normal. Everyone likes time to do their own thing