+ Follow This Topic

Thread: 1 Problem, 1 Prospect.

1 Problem, 1 Prospect.

OK folks I've got two situations. Sorry its long.

First off, about a year ago (I think) my girlfriend of 6 months and I broke up, and we were kinda bitter for a while, but we patched things up and have become friends again. We don't really hang out or anything but we chat and stuff. Well several months ago she got married. And has been working on trying to get pregnant. Well for the last week or so shes been acting kinda strange.

It all started when I made a grumble about being too tired to go to the gym. And shes all like "Why you need to go to the gym, your hot, I'd totally **** you" (LONG PAUSE) If I wasn't married". Then she starts joking about me coming over on her lunch break to fool around while hubbys at work. And now shes really gun ho about us hanging out, when we haven't done so in months. What I'm thinking is shes having reservations about being married and needs a little outside attention. I really do enjoy hanging out with her, but I'm no longer interested in her romantically, and I'm sure as hell not gonna have sex with her if shes married. I'm just trying to think of the best way to turn her down but still be friends.

My second thing is a different old girlfriend has recently come back into the picture. And after seeing her again I'm really kicking myself for breaking it off in the first place, cause I was young and dumb and I dumped her after a week because she was so nervous, though I never gave her enough time to get comfortable. First off shes really funny/fun to be around, cute, shes low maintenance which I like. Shes a bigger nerd than I am (shes even in a Star Wars fan club and plays video games, reads comics and watches Anime).

The whole thing with the nerdy girl has totally thrown me off my game. Usually I date girls I've just met for the first time, I've never thought of rekindling an old relationship. I'm having difficulty creating a game plan for this. We haven't seen each other in like 2 years simply due to geographic location, but I hear as long as a year after I dumped her that she still liked me. We've chatted a few times and we've both mentioned we need to start hanging out again. She also mentioned possibly becoming roommates. I was a litle hesitant of that cause that will probably land me in pernament "lets just be friends" land.

I'm trying to think of the best way to handle rekindling the friendship and testing the waters for a possible relationship. It's been a long time since we've even hung out with each other so it seems like it would be far too aggressive to jump in all gun ho about dating again.

I dunno. Any thoughts/observations, advice?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Stay away from the married girl. She's looking for trouble.

Ask the nerd if she wants to get together and do something nerdy with you. Tell her you were an idiot for breaking things off with her before. See what the chemistry is like, and then move in for a kiss is all looks good.

Don't move in together.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What happened to your other girlfriend? The one who dissapeared?

HAHA. Lookin at my old posts eh? lol well I found out she had been arrested on a trumped up assault charge. But it was after that I realized she was a complete ****ing nutcase, I dumped her like a week or two after she got out.

Quote Originally Posted by BankyTheHack View Post
    First off, about a year ago (I think) my girlfriend of 6 months and I broke up, and we were kinda bitter for a while, but we patched things up and have become friends again. We don't really hang out or anything but we chat and stuff. Well several months ago she got married. And has been working on trying to get pregnant.

Oh, maybe she wants you to get her pregnant.

Or... maybe she already is pregnant. I was one horny slut for about the first half of my pregnancy. I totally wore my husband out. Maybe she's worn her husband out, and the poor guy is just laying on the bedroom floor, a dry husk of the man he used to be.

Anyway, she's ****ing toxic- stay away from her.
    Quote Originally Posted by BankyTheHack View Post

She also mentioned possibly becoming roommates. I was a litle hesitant of that cause that will probably land me in pernament "lets just be friends" land.
    Or permanent "I moved in with my girlfriend before we even started dating and now I want to break up but we have a year's lease" land.

Nerd girl sounds great. I hope you update about how that progresses.
    Spammer Spanker

Maybe she's worn her husband out, and the poor guy is just laying on the bedroom floor, a dry husk of the man he used to be.
    Omg i laughed my ass of at that. Could be possible, I know she wanted it alot when we were dating.