+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A promising prospect?

A promising prospect?

I met a guy a few weeks back through my best friend. He is friends with her boyfriend. I sensed some kind of vibe, like I could tell he was kind of eyeing me, but I played it back wanting him to come to me. She has since told me he has asked a bit about me, and that she thinks we are a good match. But I like to decide for myself.

He called my friend this past weekend to say they were in my neck of the woods, and could he have my number?

She called me, told me this, and then called him back to give my number. I was ironically, in his neck of the woods (bout an hours difference) but they were coming back, and if they got back early enough they'd come to where I was. But it got too late.

Before when i talked to him, he mentioned a party at his place the next night.

The next morning (I slept over where I was) I got a phone call from him (apparently he doesn't have a cell and was using his friends the night before) just wanting to make sure his friends let me know they weren't coming by last night, but also, to re-invite me to his party.

Some details: My friends bf was going to the party, but my friend wasn't sure she was going to go, so I had to convince her a bit. (She just wanted to give him some space to do his own thing but was in the end convinced to play wing man for me :-) )

In the mean time he called me again just to see where I was as far as coming or not. Even said, "I bet you'd feel more comfortable if your friend was coming, just cuz you prob won't know any other girls." I agreed, and said that was my biggest hesitation to come. He said he would call and talk to her.

Anyway, ended up going to the party. Lots of flirtation, as well as random things in common. I had made the plan to leave that night, because this was only my second time meeting him. We talked for a while on and off through out the night.

I played it back, we didn't make plans to do anything sometime soon, but I was kind of testing him in my own way through out the night to see how sincere he was. He seems pretty legit.

I wanted to thank him the next day, and so I texted his friend's number that he called me on the night before. I asked him to tell the guy that I had fun and thanks for inviting me. I didn't want to call his house just cuz... But I would have preferred not sending the message through his friend. Either way his friend texted me back and confirmed he would pass on the message. It's only been a day, but I already had a sex dream about him hahaha

I don't plan to call him, but even my friend said something like, next time be a little more open about how you like him.

What do you think, does it sound promising?
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think it would have been better to call his phone number to thank him for inviting you to the party, and not rely upon third parties to relay messages, but I suppose there isn't any reason to believe he isn't interested. I just hope his friend actually relays your message.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I think it would have been better to call his phone number to thank him for inviting you to the party, and not rely upon third parties to relay messages, but I suppose there isn't any reason to believe he isn't interested. I just hope his friend actually relays your message.
    Yeah, I think I was just worrying about "making the move" so I went the dodgy way. Meh, sometimes I overthink.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin