+ Follow This Topic

Thread: hanging out with an ex...

hanging out with an ex...

...is it recommended? or should i say, is it safe? lately i've been hanging out with my latest ex. we watch movies together. it's kinda like i see her and she sees me because we're still single and sometimes a man has needs ya know. but i don't have any feelings for her like that. i don't see her as girlfriend material. actually i never did. she was kinda a rebound thing. i feel bad for saying that but i can't deny it. but over time she has become one of my good friends. i tell her everything. i even tell her about the girls i meet and how i'm sprung over some of them. i mean one of them. but is this wrong in any way? i try not to hang out with her when i start feeling like this. that's not the issue, but i just feel like i'm stringing her along or something. but who knows...
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

There's nothing wrong with it just make sure she knows you aren't crushing on her in any way that you two are just good friends.
    One day the Moon said to me, "If he makes you cry, why dont you leave him?" I looked up at the Moon and said, "Moon would you ever leave your sky?"

ya i've told her, and she knows. it's just a weird feeling i get because i always go to her for comfort when i'm feeling down.
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

Sometimes I want to go to my ex's for comfort because they know me personally so it's not like you're a horrible person. You just find she listens and comforts you which is what friends are for.
    One day the Moon said to me, "If he makes you cry, why dont you leave him?" I looked up at the Moon and said, "Moon would you ever leave your sky?"

I don't see anything wrong with it if you both realize it's a "just friends" thing. However don't be surprised if the next girl you date finds it wierd and doesn't want you to do it.

I know if I were dating a girl, I wouldn't want her hanging out with an ex. Even if they are "just friends" because I would never fully trust him.

Alexi

Originally posted by Pretender
    Sometimes I want to go to my ex's for comfort because they know me personally so it's not like you're a horrible person. You just find she listens and comforts you which is what friends are for.
    exactly!!!!

I'm agreeing with sfalexi.

Its fine that you and your ex are friends as long as your are up front with her and let her know where you stand. Problems will definitely arise when you start dating someone new. Keep in mind that whomever you date will not want you being "friends" with an ex. She may want you to end your friendship....

Also, I dont know how smart it is to be hooking up with an ex. Feelings are NEVER mutual. Girls will lie and say they dont want you as a boyfriend and arent looking for anything more just to keep you around. Girls are funny-- they will say they dont want more, but in the back of their heads they think you will fall madly in love with them and won't want to be without them. You and I both know thats not the way things work.

Just be honest. Good luck!
    ~JERZYGRL~

Do not push the river, it will flow by itself.
    -- PP
    The secret to happiness is the make others believe they are the cause of it...
    ~Al Batt

I don't do that. And don't recommend it either. Depends on the recency of the ex, anyway.

Jerzygrl nailed it.

i knew it! i'm gonna have to stay away for awhile.