+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girl at work

Girl at work

So, ive been working at this hotel for about 6 months now and just recently been promoted to a banquet server, was a dishwasher. At work, its pretty obvious that their are 2 groups of people that talk to each other the dishwashers which was me and 3 other guys and the servers, practically the whole kitchen. As a dishwasher you would really only talk to the dishwashers and maybe the odd server. The same thing goes for servers, they would only talk to other servers.
    Now that I am a server work is so much better. Your not dirty working in the pit and A LOT MORE people talk to you.

So with that out of the way. Here goes my story.

Before I even worked there my friend "Sam" was talking about this girl at our work and how he got close to her but when he got demoted to dishwasher, things between them just disappeared. To this day he just says hi, and byes to her.

So when I started working there the first thing I noticed was her. After a couple of months of getting used to my surroundings My server friend "David" introduced me to her. It wasn't until about 2 months later when I got the promotion to a server, was when I felt attracted to her. She would hug me before she left, joke around with me, And even wanted me to work the same serving section as her.
    Now you might be thinking "this girl has to like me" but as much as I want that to happen I find myself doubting it. At work shes a really outgoing person. She flirts/jokes around with a lot of the guys at work including me but its like she would never go out with them.
    My friend "David" and her are really close. She calls him husband #3 because #1 are the Jabbawockeez (Dance Crew) and #2 is a guy named Gabe Bondoc (Singer). She always laughs at what David says and overall they look like a couple...except they're not. If he really wanted he could ask her out and in no time she would say yes. And so I asked him why he doesn't go out with her, all he says is that she is a "trap" because soo many guys go for her even when he knows he could have her.

Ive had issues with outgoingness? and confidence when around girls. I wasn't always like this, when I was in elementary I was known as the class clown. During recess I talked to tons of people and had very many friends. It wasn't until I had my first girlfriend is when I started to become more mature but lost most of my outgoingness and overall innerkid. She said she wanted me to grow up because I always acted immature. Right now (sophomore year) ive gotten some of my confidence back, but still talking to a girls im attracted to is really hard for me.

All this leads up to now.
    The girl at work likes really outgoing guys and guys who are alive with confidence. Both traits I don't have much of. I want her to notice me Because just talking to her isn't enough. I need to do something else in order for me to be 1st in line and not just in the crowd looking in. I don't want to lose this one like all the other girls I lost because my shy, unwilling, unoutgoing, personality. I want to fix this, but I just don't know how.

Thanks for reading my long post. sorry for putting some useless info on here. Im just typing what comes into my head.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Solutions?

First, quick question, how old are you?

To answer your question...

I would love to throw the "just be yourself" line, but thats bullocks. Making yourself to be more outgoing and confident is extremely helpful, but it takes a strong push if you are shy.

You really have to confront shyness head on. My best friend throughout high school would RAM me into situations that would freak the shit out of me. If he found out I liked a girl, he would either push me to talk to her, or else arrange a scenerio in which I spoke with the girl. It pissed the shit out of me when he did this, but in the long run it helped me.... I got a lot more use to rejection and became much more outgoing than I was before.

That said, even if you do push yourself, she still may not be interested. You would be forcing yourself to be more outgoing than your normally use to. If shes into outgoing guys, you may not fit the part in her eyes.

Best of luck

Weigh your two choices:

Stay a part of the scenery by just being who you are now and watch this girl become a part of some other guys life.

Or

Stand tall and push yourself past your comfort limits.

You will NEVER know unless you step outside your box, even if she doesn't like you, you will walk away feeling you learned something.

Something a guy I worked with told me after I broke up with my last girlfriend was: "Make your own decisions every time, you and only you decide. In the end you have no one else to blame because you made all the choices."

Its probably the best thing I have ever been told as far as relationships.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

@ TheTooya

Im 17,

And yeah. I really don't get it when people say "just be yourself" because in this situation being myself would just drift me further away from her.