+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Friend Zone!

Friend Zone!

Ok me and my friend were talking about some girls we know or have previously dated. Except there wasn't much for him to talk about considering he's only dated a like 2 girls so far. He told me just about every girl he becomes friends with just wants to stay as friends. We joked about how he keeps getting stuck in the friend zone(reference to a scrubs episode). But when i think about it, it is a little strange how he usually does end up just being friends with most girls he talks to. He's probably one of the most out going and funny guys i've ever met and it seems like everyone wants to hangout with him. Around school the majority of the time I see him he's talkin with some fairly hot chics, so why is he always just the friend. And I've seen for myself in english class it seemed like he was gettin good with this one girl. He told me he was thinkin about askin her out sometime. And then one day in class we were all talkin and he made a joke, and her response was "haha ____, i like you so much your like this awesome brother to me." ouch, but he still ended up askin her out a couple weeks later and he told me she said that she really liked the friendship they have and she wouldn't want that to change. So why does most girls only consider him a friend. And i understand where hes coming from cause its happened to me where I really liked this one girl and she told me pretty much the same exact thing the other girl told my friend. Oh and for the record he does get asked out by alot of ugly to semi decent looking chics.

So I guess i'm trying to ask who else has this problem? Does anyone know how to avoid "The Friend Zone"? and Whats up with girls and valuing friendship?

Tell them up front that you're interested in having them touch your penis, not in being their BFF. Well, only with better language than this.

Make your interest known up front, and if they aren't interested then you walk away. None of this 'being friends in hope of...' crap.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

I agree with Lite 100%. make your intentions known up front so that he doesnt get "stuck".

Well like how soon would you be suggesting. Cause the way i've always hooked up with girls for me have been getting to know them and becoming friends first. Its just like bad luck that they only want to be friends with him. and coming on strong can sometimes scare some girls away especially if they know your only there to get with them, instead of letting them get to actually know you first.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt347 View Post
    Well like how soon would you be suggesting. Cause the way i've always hooked up with girls for me have been getting to know them and becoming friends first. Its just like bad luck that they only want to be friends with him. and coming on strong can sometimes scare some girls away especially if they know your only there to get with them, instead of letting them get to actually know you first.
    Hi, you seem like an interesting person. Would you be interested in going to dinner sometime and getting to know each other better?
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

It's not bad luck, Matt. Not at all, and it's not because they "don't want to ruin the friendship". What a crock of crap. I would ruin the best friendship in the world if it were with George Clooney. If David Spade asked me out, though, I'd have to turn him down. You know, for the sake of our friendship.

You're in high school. Girls are not looking for complexity. They want cute boys. Your friend must not measure up in some way.
    Spammer Spanker

Yeah I have to admit that my friend is a little larger in size than the next guy. I guess I was just hoping for the best that girls these days really do value those friendships and that maybe there was away around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt347 View Post
    Yeah I have to admit that my friend is a little larger in size than the next guy. I guess I was just hoping for the best that girls these days really do value those friendships and that maybe there was away around it.
    Having a large wallet.

He needs to get his ass to the gym, is what.
    Spammer Spanker

hes freakin lazy but he goes to the gym. he just does free weights and no cardio at all which is not what i would reccomend for a 5'10 240 guy.