+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I dont know what to think about us anymore..can we even be friends?

I dont know what to think about us anymore..can we even be friends?

This guy and I were friends for about a year and we always got along, we flirted on and off with eachother, but nothing ever really came about. As time went on, I noticed that he started doing little things that seemed like he liked me--but he never made a move. I KNOW that I could have made a move but it just seemd like we both never got to the point, we would just flirt with each other and wait and it did suck. He started saving little things I would give him, or things that we would get when we were together, he would always be trying to take photos of us together, always willing to help me out with anything, and would talk to other guys, especially when we would be together and he would tell them I was "too much" for them and stuff like that and they should just leave me alone.

It seems like we were just fine being friends and if sometihng was going to happen in teh future it would, but about a month ago--we actually somewhat, argued if you will put it that way. It was not so much an arguement, but more a diffrence of opinions. He stated his opinion on sometihng and i dis-agreed. Now, Note, this opinion he had was on something rather personal to me and I just wanted to set him straight about how I felt. Since while we were talking, he wouldn't let me get a word in, I e-mailed him how I felt about the whole situation and ever since then, he has not talked to me, gotten back to my message, nothing. I hate to admit..but I guess it could be a pride thing, but I dont know if I should talk to him first. I feel like I put the ball in his court and he just isnt doing anything..so I shouldnt have to talk to him and try to make ammends with him. He should try to talk to me, right?

Could it just be that he isnt really that intrested in me? This whole thing, really isnt that big of a deal and it happened so fast, I didnt think that he would not want to be friends over this. It seems like he just cut me out of his life (Iam assuming this, but I mean, he has not tried to get in contact), I am sure the next time we see each-other will be akward.

What do I say to him? Do I say anything to him? I dont know what to do. I am sorry this situation may sound stupid..but Iam just looking for some real advice..the truth is, I cant get him off my mind--no matter how much I try to DISTRACT myself. If him not responding to my message, means he doesnt want to talk anymore, I dont know how to forget him. The thing is, I am a sweet/Fun, girl and guys talk to me all the time, but I will be hanging out with them, but thinking of him and I HATE THAT!

Apparently, the topic of the disagreement was something important to him as well, right?

Well, I would imagine it was important to him. He was the one that got worked up at me first and like I said, I couldnt even get a word in. He was not yelling at me, but it was one of those moments where he was talking and I see this, but I have no idea what he is saying..b/c I in my head was trying to analyze what he was saying, because it made no sense and everytime I would formulate a sentence, he wouldn't never let me get a word in.

That was why, when I got home that same night, it was just bothering me..I never got to state what I thought and it was just sort of eating at me, you know. So I just sent an E-mail and I probably would have fared better if I would have waited until I was cooled off abit but I just told him my side of things. To be honest, I might have over did the E-mail alittle..so I do feel that I am sorry for the way the E-mail was written, but I am not sorry that I wrote it. It was the truth and how I felt and he needed to know this. All in all--this whole.. difference of opinion, so to speak, really was stupid..and I just hope that we can still be friends, but I dont know if things will ever be the same between us, b/c he wont even talk to me about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananna View Post
    So I just sent an E-mail and I probably would have fared better if I would have waited until I was cooled off abit but I just told him my side of things. To be honest, I might have over did the E-mail alittle..so I do feel that I am sorry for the way the E-mail was written, but I am not sorry that I wrote it. It was the truth and how I felt and he needed to know this. All in all--this whole.. difference of opinion, so to speak, really was stupid..and I just hope that we can still be friends, but I dont know if things will ever be the same between us, b/c he wont even talk to me about anything.
    If I were you, I'd send him an email stating all of that.

Well...this is just strange...that I asked about this and then today, I was out at lunch and I actually ran into this guy. We talked alittle about the situation. He just kept saying, he didnt want to fight with me, and he figured I would understand that was why he never replied to my E-mail or anything. He was like when it comes to our diffrences--were really not that diffrent, and he stated..its all just water under a bridge. I mean, I guess we are Ok now..but part of me still feels like things are not totally in the clear again..Is that normal to feel?? Should I tell him I feel this way still? I never wanted to mess up our friendship--and I mean it seems like he is willing to just forget everything I guess..as am I, I am not the type to hold a grudge or anything.. but I dont know..it just seems like we will never have thing back to normal. I dont know..maybe we just need time??

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sounds to me like you two aren't really 'just friends'. If he had feelings for you, but now its clear nothing is to come of it then perhaps he's lost all interest? Or has decided its not worth the bother? Some guys think like this & his behaviour suggests this.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh