+ Follow This Topic

Thread: So - it's time for me to confess my love

So - it's time for me to confess my love

Okay, here's my version of one of the worlds most common issues, I'll try to make it short and honest:

I've fallen in love with my best friend. I'm 24 years old, and for about 2 years ago I began hanging out with a girl at work. We slowly became really good friends, and today I guess you could call us "best friends". We hang out 3-4 days a week, sometimes we go out and sometimes we just watch TV on the cough We talk about everything, everything from common "boring" topics like work, people around us and politics, to "serious" stuff like big feeling and family issues to "juicy" things like sex, her favorites vibrators, our masturbation routines etc. Long story short: In my eyes we have a better friendship than I have every dreamed of.

...but, as I said before, I've fallen in love with her *grrr*, I want to be more than friends, and unfortunately I'm pretty sure she wont. Sometimes we sit and caresses each other, but normally she doesn't like to get too close physically and she talks about which other boys she like.

I know what many of you will think something like: "This whole thing stinks friendzone, you won't ever get her so just keep her as a friend". I've been thinking the same thing for the last couple of months, but it has been enough now and I really feel I need to tell her how I feel about her. Of course the best outcome would be that she feels the same about me, but since this isn't a Hollywood movie I really don't think you should count on it.

So, here's the dilemma: How do I tell her what I feel? I'm really unsure how to handle it. Should I just tell her (verbally) or is it better just to kiss her? any kind of feedback will be appreciated.

Tonight we are just going to watch a movie together, but tomorrow we are going to the opera, I was thinking about telling her there (well, not at the opera, but afterwards), but how?

just tell her... start with "i don't want to lose our friendship, but i need to tell this... i hope you understand etc....."

i am in the same situation atm, and i'm going to tell her soon what i feel for her...

so just go for it... if she really is your BEST friend, she will understand!!!