+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't understand guys

I don't understand guys

So I hooked up with a friend of a friend one weekend. At the end of the weekend he didn't ask for my number and we didn't mention anything about ever seeing each other again. I felt a little slutty about it for a while, but at the same time I refused to feel ashamed for having a good time. I have easily avoided him since and haven't even mentioned his name to our mutual friend.

3 months later, he texts me that he got my number from our friend and is wondering what I was up to this weekend.

What the f***?

Is this insulting and should I say something bitchy back or just ignore it? I keep imagining him saying to my friend "oh yeah that girl... I could use some ass this weekend - give me her number."

Stupid issue, but it still makes me paranoid. Thanks for your advice.

**Edit** And to clarify, I'm just trying to figure out from guys whether there is any way that you would do this just to be friendly, or if it is in fact a booty call.
    Last edited by lissa; 02-12-09 at 12:27 PM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's a booty call, for sure. if you don't want to be treated like a booty call, I guess it's best to not act like one. Live and learn.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    It's a booty call, for sure. if you don't want to be treated like a booty call, I guess it's best to not act like one. Live and learn.
    Okay yes, I agree. I think I'm just going to ignore it rather than send something rude back. Better to be the adult I guess.

booty call. eeeeeasily.

ignore that shit.

Or hey get his number and use him.

<shrug>

Sex is fun, if he was good the first time why not go back for seconds?

Ask him what he is about. Maybe he had a hard time getting your number and was thinking about you. You might be just a booty call. Men have brains, I'm sure his works so just ask.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

so let me get this right... you didn't ask for his number or mention anything about seeing him again? And now you think he's an asshole for trying to get in touch with you? lol

I swear girls have to be the dumbest creatures on Earth.

That is kind of what I thought when I first read it. That is why I posted taking it a bit easy on the other guy.

lol, the girls' posts and the guys' posts are so distinct!
    keep it simple

Self-esteem isn't bragging about how great you are. It's more like quietly knowing that you're worth a lot (priceless, in fact!). It's not about thinking you're perfect — because nobody is — but knowing that you're worthy of being loved and accepted.

"Me, I try to send this note
    float it like a paper boat
    But paper sinks
    and words are weak
    i try, but i cant speak"

Quote Originally Posted by valhensing View Post
    lol, the girls' posts and the guys' posts are so distinct!
    hey im a guy and i side with the girls

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ok so it`s time for a girl taking boys side

Me too like OV, when I first read the post, I was thinking like hmm maybe he was regretting not taking Your number in the first place and then he tried to get Your number, and it took a bit.

Come on , You can always meet. Meeting doesn`t mean ****ing as long as You don`t want it right? You can always slap his face if You`ll see that he just wanted to get into Your pants. This is adult, to get the answers. Because what if You ignore him, You will always wonder ,damn maybe he just wanted to meet me, maybe he`s a nice guy. But I don`t know You or him. Maybe You feel it`s not that kind of guy,then just leave it. Choice is Yours
    Last edited by Petit Papillon; 02-12-09 at 04:38 PM.
    I wazzzz here

I will agree with PP, meeting with someone is not a crime especially when you will be able to know the truth.

Now that I think about it, it is a friend of a friend so you can't just have a one night stand and run away. And if he wanted you to be a booty call, he would've gotten your number so he can call you again (unless you were just a one time kind of girl to him). It's actually possible that he was too dumb to ask for your number and he actually likes you.

My only problem is he doesn't even say "hi" or "hey", he just straight up asks you what you're doing this weekend which sounds to me like an invitation to sex given the circumstances. But who knows?

You know we're not as complicated as you think. If we like you, unless we're outright trying to manipulate you, the signs are usually there.

Actually I take that back, if the guy is shy it's impossible to tell.
    Last edited by Sanctuary; 02-12-09 at 05:04 PM.

lol and the wind has changed direction. Still, boys' vs girls post are very different
    keep it simple

Self-esteem isn't bragging about how great you are. It's more like quietly knowing that you're worth a lot (priceless, in fact!). It's not about thinking you're perfect — because nobody is — but knowing that you're worthy of being loved and accepted.

"Me, I try to send this note
    float it like a paper boat
    But paper sinks
    and words are weak
    i try, but i cant speak"

Quote Originally Posted by valhensing View Post
    lol and the wind has changed direction. Still, boys' vs girls post are very different
    Normally I wouldn't care to post on this thread. Very uninteresting and boring. However everyone jumped on this guys case right away probably because he got laid so quick. So what, maybe he thought..."You know, I liked this girl and maybe I should try and get to know her." Just so unfair that if I get with a girl say at a party I am doomed if I want a relationship with her because I will be labeled as someone who wants nothing but a booty call.

Of course, he could be after just some more ass but all you have to do is wait it out a little bit and find out what he wants.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast