+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Wasting her time? The mentality on dating...

Wasting her time? The mentality on dating...

I've been with my g/f for over 2-months. Things have been good.

But to the many that I've spoken to, I'm under the impression that we should have had sex by now or if we haven't then what am I waiting for?

And I've been asked if I am "wasting her time". It does seem my g/f wouldn't mind having sex (intercourse or even oral), but it's not something I'm ready for yet (personal commitments and a bit of 'fear').

I am still going to hold back and wait for the right time or wait until I feel I am ready. If it's all my g/f wants then perhaps she isn't the one for me.

dude, hold it down. don't do it yet. once you do, all feelings towards her change. either good or bad but they won't be the same as they were BEFORE sex.
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

Two months? TWO MONTHS?!?!? What kind of friends do you have that tell you that you should have sex within two months of a relationship? For me, two months is a pretty short time. Anyway, you should just go for it whenever you want, instead of being pressured into it. Especially not by people who are not even part of your relationship.
    Clarity of mind means clarity of passion too; this is why a great and clear mind loves ardently and sees distinctly what it loves. -- Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)

dont rush into anything you are obviously not ready and who came up with two months i thought it was a three month rule? no j/k if its suppose to happen it will and if it dosent because you are not ready and she has a problem with that then maybe she is not the one for you like you said. Sometimes sex cahnges everything take your time. Have you had sex before?

No, this has nothing to do with 2-months or any set timeframe. Hell, I've had the impression from people even one month into the relationship.

Just that this is the mentality I get from people; mainly men. That we're wasting each other's time if sex isn't involved.

I won't be pressured into doing anything, just I feel so uncomfortable or whatever, everytime the topic comes up.

Hell, my g/f has called me a 'prude' a few times (it was out of joke) but I got the hint. I am pretty sure she said this because for one, it's sort of true, and second, just to open me up a little, to see where I stand in the discussion of sex.

well guys will be guys and usually most guys think with their dicks as it seems here with these guys you are speaking of are immature and dont really want to take the time to get to know someone sex is important but other things are to.

Only do it when you are BOTH ready. any other time, whether it be 2 days, 2 months, or 2 years, it will kill a relationship and/or start a "fake" relationship built upon lies and blasphomy.

I remember both my relationships I had sex pretty quickly. The first relationship I was 16 and we had sex within 3 weeks of first kissing. The second relationship we had sex within a week.

Yeah, I do move a bit fast. I don't think I rush things, I just am a fast paced kind of guy. Hell, I would love to meet a woman today, get to know her for a month or two, move in together, then get married like a month later. Thats just me tho. I move at a very fast pace. Some see it as rush, some see it as stupidity. Well, its MY pace, and I am comfortable with it. And so as long the woman I find is comfortable with it, then things will happen quickly.

You on the other hand seem to be at the far other end of the spectrum. for this I dont knock you are will make fun of you. There are two sides to everything. I respect your decisions, and I praise you for at least KNOWING what you want.

If you are a slow paced person, then take your time.. Dont be pressured into anything you're not TOTALLY ready for.

ur freinds ae bluffing...i relationship needs to be handled with care catch my flow?...dont have sex untill ur ready..it will be alot more enjoyable and will lift ur realtionship
    MAKE RIGHT LIVING GROW
    mUah
    ~Frebbie
    MY FORUM ~~~~~ www.****edforum.tk

I'm going to stray away from the popular response on this thread and say:

i'd tell your friends to take something sharp, and shove it in their mouth. She'll tell you if you're "wasting" her time. You dont need a bunch of guys making you feel uncomfortable in a relationship that has nothing whatsoever to do with them.

some ****ing friends...

"In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes..." -Andy Warhol